Show off your clams that you have or had

JF2381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll join in. Here are some photos of the clams I've own. Unfortunately, I've lost most of them from a bad case of PM. I'm still battling it right now and I'm down to 9 clams when at one time I've had about 25. As much as I love clams, I can't seem to get too excited over them right now. It's just depressing. I won't be getting any more for a long time. Not atleast until I have a QT and a dedicated tank setup just for clams. I've been wanting to post for a while but I just couldn't bring myself to doing it until now. It's just sad looking at them. Anyway, here they are. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed them prior to my PM problem.

Those are some of the nice clams I have seen. What a shame that you are losing that awesome collection. I hope that the remaining recover.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW some very nice clams there, thanks for sharing!

Loosing clams sucks big time, I lost over 20 in a one month period. Most were pretty rare so it was a spendy crash. Took me over a year to get back into it and once again I have about 20 clams LOL.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 (3 maxima and 1 dersa)

Pics of the clams in my temp system while I get my 225 setup

3 maxima:

f5cc8685.jpg

best I could get of the dersa:

e49cba0c.jpg

guia x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some of the nice clams I have seen. What a shame that you are losing that awesome collection. I hope that the remaining recover.

Thanks. It sucks. I have been slowly watching them die one by one. Yeah I hope that's the end of the casualties but I'm still fighting it so I won't feel any better until the PM is completely gone.

WOW some very nice clams there, thanks for sharing!

Loosing clams sucks big time, I lost over 20 in a one month period. Most were pretty rare so it was a spendy crash. Took me over a year to get back into it and once again I have about 20 clams LOL.

Sorry for your loss and I know your pain. They are such an addiction so once I get over this problem and have the right setup for them, I will probably start again. I don't think I'll be able to resist these beauties for long. It's just pretty depressing to look at or think about them right now.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you treating them for PM?

Do you know what has triggered the PM?

I can help you out if you wish? If so please start a new thread on it and we'll see what is happening.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the large one and that one are. They have the spots. How do you tell for certain? I got all of my clams off of fellow reefers that were getting rid of them.

They are definitely teardrops and if the spots are blue then they are blue teardrops.

IPisces

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Squamosa. Shell is approx 8-9" long. Hes grown an inch since these pics. I am looking forward to my 90 being ready for livestock. I will be looking for a couple more clams for that tank
DSC05059.jpg
DSC04833.jpg

Last edited:

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my 2.5" clam i got a few months ago. still thriving in my 24g jbj hqi nano. my lfs had a monster one with it being the size of a soccer ball. ill snag a pic next time i am there. its a squamosa i think and it will aquirt water on you if your not paying attention. it will get you from 5' away. its in a 40b tank.

here is mine
IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Squamosa. Shell is approx 8-9" long. Hes grown an inch since these pics. I am looking forward to my 90 being ready for livestock. I will be looking for a couple more clams for that tank
DSC05059.jpg DSC04833.jpg

Beautiful Squamosa! I used to have one just like it and it was one of the best looking clams IMHO that I have seen, I am very jealous of yours now!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back