Show off your EELS!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unlike my other snake eel who is hard to feed. I'm starting to think I've found the best eel for those who want an easy and interactive eel. It likes to swim through my fingers when not hungry and though it bites when hungry I think you can see how harmless it is.

The Gold-Spotted Snake Eel:

That's a full force bite in the first clip. I felt it, but no real pain or damage. (the things I do for science)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think this is showing off. I still feel like we aren't out of the dog house yet.
In QT
20220707_075325[1].jpg
In DT.
20220725_135928[1].jpg

Thanks @lion king for helping her diet along the way.

Go The Eels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these two about 10 years now.
20190227_191024.jpg
Those are awesome. I see one is a dragon, is the other a jeweled?

How has it been keeping a Dragon and another eel in a 150 gallon? I'm about to get a 150 gallon and would love two Eels this size. I'm more interested in the eels than anything so want to build with them in mind first and foremost.

Can you keep any other fish in there? So curious what your setup and experience has been!

Thanks in advance!

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my blue ribbon eel that i have since April 2017. Despite his difficulty and mostly dedicated to expert, its one of the most hardest and challenging fish i ever kept(to get a fish used to captivity). As a passionate aquarist on moray eels and one of my dream fish (i mean its so coloful!), i accepted the challenge. I was very aware of the difficulty and the poor survavibility of this eel. He refused to eat about 6 month any food including live mollies and frozen silversides. With patience, research and trying multiple times, the eel finaly accepted the frozen food from Larry's reef services (LRS chunky). Few days later, the eel accepted V2O IQF silversides. And finaly, today, its surprising but i managed to make him eat pellets food for carnivore for the first time.

will upload a feeding video later.

Blue ribbon eel (Rhinomuraena quaesita)2.JPG
Nice I have not had any eels in a very long time, I had a blue ribbon back in the early 90s loved him. He was very hard to get him to start eating but once he started he ate everything. Unfortunately my son was young then and fed him one evening and didn't get the lid back on well and he got out that night.

GulfCoast251

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's have an official eel show off thread! Post up pics of your eels here! If we can get some pics going, I'll sticky this one so we can have easy access! :D
Fire Eel is in my FW tank. While Tiger Morays and Snowflake are in my marine

IMG_7067.jpeg IMG_7066.jpeg IMG_7058.jpeg IMG_7052.jpeg IMG_6687.jpeg IMG_5528.jpeg IMG_7069.jpeg IMG_7080.jpeg

Last edited:

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, after well over 5 years of looking, I finally got the eel I've been looking for. A Caribbean chestnut moray.
IMG_1999.JPEG

IMG_2001.JPEG

You're kidding me, I've had my eye out for years, where did you get it.

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're kidding me, I've had my eye out for years, where did you get it.
I work at a fish store, every time we order from Dynasty Marine I put "2x Chestnut Moray" on my order and pray. Several orders in and the final invoice comes in and my teeth almost fall out of my head from smiling so much.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few months ago, after well over 5 years of looking, I finally got the eel I've been looking for. A Caribbean chestnut moray.
IMG_1999.JPEG

IMG_2001.JPEG

Awesome!!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back