Show off your EELS!

reefer arno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have just purchased a small tesalata moray eel my tank is a 900ltr 6ft,2ft,2.5ft what other types of eels could I put with him?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have just purchased a small tesalata moray eel my tank is a 900ltr 6ft,2ft,2.5ft what other types of eels could I put with him?
Get similar sized eels. I saw a beautiful tank with that and a gold-edged.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a ribbon eel I really like them
I’d say they are too small and delicate. One bite and it’s dead. Most gymnothorax, muraena, siderae, or the zebra eel, gymnomuraena zebra. Will do fine though.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one of the beefier one like a goldspot or a sharptail but the thinner ones have the same problem as the ribbon.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few more ive had
pictures3099.jpg
pictures3067.jpg
100_5252.jpg
100_5246.jpg
100_5251.jpg
100_5031-1.jpg
Did you surprise it with a light in the dark?

Lastblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been about 5 years since I posted anything about her and yes she is still alive. Probably been in my possession since 2004, don't have a clue how old she is being she was over 2 feet almost 20 years ago.
Yes the tank glass could be cleaner. Since I started doing my home remodeling the room has been opened up more and I have been working on it slowly cleaning the tank glass better without upseting her. Once that algae sets up on the plexiglass it's almost impossible to get off. Anyone have any suggestions for cleaning plexiglass?

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_130743298 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230222_130743298 (1).jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 57

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been about 5 years since I posted anything about her and yes she is still alive. Probably been in my possession since 2004, don't have a clue how old she is being she was over 2 feet almost 20 years ago.
Yes the tank glass could be cleaner. Since I started doing my home remodeling the room has been opened up more and I have been working on it slowly cleaning the tank glass better without upseting her. Once that algae sets up on the plexiglass it's almost impossible to get off. Anyone have any suggestions for cleaning plexiglass?
Mighty Magnets with the algae cutter bags work wonders on almost any thickness if you buy the right one. Not cheap but they work.

Lastblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mighty Magnets with the algae cutter bags work wonders on almost any thickness if you buy the right one. Not cheap but they work.
The 3/4 inch plexiglass can sometimes cause issues with magnets not working well. But thanks I will look into this and see if they have magnets that support the thickness of the plexiglass.

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3/4 inch plexiglass can sometimes cause issues with magnets not working well. But thanks I will look into this and see if they have magnets that support the thickness of the plexiglass.
I bought one for one of the tanks I service, 1inch thick acrylic and the model that we got (which works perfectly) was only their 2nd or 3rd size from the smallest.

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not one to brag, but I got another one.
IMG_2247.jpg

We have a third one at the store I'm holding for a guy that wanted one (another weirdo eel-collecting guy, who could've guessed?), but if he doesn't answer my calls to come get it I think I'll be happy to have three together.

The original kicked the new guy out of his patch of rocks, but hopefully that will change when they move into their permanent tank once it's set up. I've always loved watching multiple eels of the same species sticking out of the same hole, looks cozy for them.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm torn. My LFS has a pencil-sized Skeletor eel in stock right now, and I'm inches from the trigger. I've wanted one for over a decade. But in my current tank, I've got a large anemone that I don't trust not to eat it...
I'd have to grow it out anyways, but I'm undecided.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back