Show off your EELS!

Rifken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Frosty, our Snowflake eel. He has been with us for several years now. He was a little guy when we first saw him at the LFS. Up until then I was happy with the two 65 gallon freshwater tanks we had. When I saw him, I knew it was time to switch one of the 65s over to salt water. It wasn't long before the 65 was replaced with a 125, where he is king. He's somewhere around 20 to 24 inches long now. Whenever he is out of a cave he is on the move so I can't get a accurate measurement. He has never disturbed any of the other fish living with him. He has survived two mass extinction events where all the other fish in the tank died. He is currently sharing his tank with a Lawnmover Blenny, a Blue Tang, a Red Toothed Triggerfish, a Desjardini Sailfin Tang and a Blue Throat Triggerfish. This picture was taken just before feeding time so was waiting for his food. Someday I'll get a picture when he's out and about :)

Frosty.jpg

-Bob

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back