Show off your favorite fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter BluTang85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yeah, that's mostly why I never have tried them. Also need cooler temps ideally.
 
potterwrasse2018080501-jpg.806740
 
What’s the one in the sand called? Some sort of eel?
 
Yeah, I believe they get pretty massive though haha (long)
 
Garden eel stays fairly small but need a deep sand bed to live in.
 
Not a good picture, but my pair of meleagris leopards are certainly a contender for 'favorite' fish. They live in the refugium because I cannot catch them. The male, particularly, is very twitchy and lightning fast ... he'll dive into the sand at the first sign of 'danger'. Of all the leopards, the meleagris male is my favorite .... a true peacock.

IMG_1301.jpg
 
Did you have a hard time getting this fish to eat and how is he with your corals?
Yes he nearly died trying to get him to eat - eventually got him on live brine, then to brine, then mysis. eats anythng now. In a softy only tank so picking corals is not an issue. I recommend keeping a few brown acroporas in the tank when trying to get the fish onto frozen food
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new