0   0   0
Twospot Candy Hogfish (Wrasse)
20180623_200857.jpeg

Brautumn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one so bad but i feel everyone keeps trying to shoot me down about them eating! How do you feel about that

Don't let anyone shoot you down on trying them! Things to look for, clean eyes, no damage on the mouth and not thin. I have ordered 4 from online and bought 4 in person and honestly do not feel they are that difficult, sort of mid range. I never lost any of our leopards, all ate from the beginning and all stayed out for periods of time (no hiding in the sand for days) until they were adjusted. Our hardest one was the choates that only ate cyclopeze for a few weeks and then on to everything. Now I also did not qt (we do have a qt) ours either and some will agree and others won't but that's the way I handle the leopards. You need to decide how you want to handle your own! I do a paraguard (I never use copper on anything) bath for an hour or so once received, as long as the fish isn't in stress. I will add metro, kanaplex and focus plus vitachem to the food for awhile when first introduced. I also feed a lot with a mix of foods. The 3 Meleagris will be 3 years in December with one that has been in transition to male, 2 Ornates 2 years, 8 months for the Choates, 1 year 6 months for Star that came from someones tank and the other Star 6 months. We have 7 of our leopards in one tank with a Red Head Solon fairy wrasse. The other Star is in another system with a Melanarus, and red coris wrasse. Several of my local friends have leopards with success also.

purpguerilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let anyone shoot you down on trying them! Things to look for, clean eyes, no damage on the mouth and not thin. I have ordered 4 from online and bought 4 in person and honestly do not feel they are that difficult, sort of mid range. I never lost any of our

Awesome thanks for the info!!! I was even more skeptical ordering online but i was having the feeling it might be my only chance to get one seeing my lfs doesnt have very many wrasses! But do you recommend any online sites over others??

Brautumn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks for the info!!! I was even more skeptical ordering online but i was having the feeling it might be my only chance to get one seeing my lfs doesnt have very many wrasses! But do you recommend any online sites over others??

You can ask your lfs to order some in if you trust them. I have a friend who owns a saltwater store and he gets the meleagris, ornates and blue star wrasse on a regular basis. I didn't buy the ornate from him as he couldn't give me a guarantee as these guy's are more expensive. I order from Live Aquaria/DD but others may chime in on a good online store to try.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovin all my fish but these I think are my favs... plus my newest Achilles addition

20180224_133007.jpg

20180209_175910.jpg

Very nice, two of my favorite pseudoanthias. Not had success with Pictilis; never tried ventralis.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, two of my favorite pseudoanthias. Not had success with Pictilis; never tried ventralis.
I started with a trio of the pictillis but the other female was never interested in food and looked like she saw a ghost the whole time she was alive. The other female did amazing the whole time and I thought she was going to out compete the Male as he was scared too for a very long time but now he quarts her regularly but she doesnt seem interested. The ventralis I'm finding need a very very quiet tank. I had 3 females to start, one changed to male. Eventually as the other tank mates became more aggressive one female went missing and then about a year later (a few weeks ago) the Male went missing. The remaining female looks good though so fingers crossed. I'd love to have 8-10 more to help them but cant find any

Back