Show off your medium indoor ponds!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2020
Messages
2,070
Reaction score
1,918
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out what to do with a tub I have. I could use it for brine shrimp culturing...or I could put fish in it. It's a 4'x3''x2' (I think) black tub.

That being said, show off your indoor medium sized ponds! Medium in this case refers to a pond that's portable, but that you wouldn't drag everywhere because of how heavy it is when empty. I've got a post in the fish discussion section, but this post is here because I'd like to see some freshwater ponds as well!
 
I used to keep turtles in something similar many, many years ago. I had a platform up to a basking area that had a reptile heat/uvb/uva basking bulb and a little sand area. Heated the water with some titanium heaters which are turtle proof and a big external canister filter. They did great until other keepers suggested I move them outside... they didn’t survive their first winter outside.
 
I used to keep turtles in something similar many, many years ago. I had a platform up to a basking area that had a reptile heat/uvb/uva basking bulb and a little sand area. Heated the water with some titanium heaters which are turtle proof and a big external canister filter. They did great until other keepers suggested I move them outside... they didn’t survive their first winter outside.
I've thought about keeping a turtle pond, but it's always been an on again/off again kind of thing. I really like the "tortoise" look (stinkpot turtles, etc.). And at the same time, I don't know how I feel about reptiles. I know I'm not keeping frogs/amphibians though....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new