Show off your Tangs

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Yellow tangs right now in different tanks. One I had since he was about 1.5 inches. The other was given to me by a friend who took his tank down (along with a Blue tang and Melanurus wrasse). I think support captive bred is great, and getting tiny fish is great. I love to see them grow in my tank. However, if there is something I don't like, it is deformed fish or fish marked by scars from diseases.
I would get the CB tang, it I am sure that he will not continue to be deformed, but will not get him if the chance of deformities is significant. You can see pictures of my yellow tang earlier in this page, post 1131.

Not me. Discus fish have a rule they need to be 2-3 inches before they are sold and they should be adopting this rule for tangs. The yellow tangs ive been seeing are too small to be sold.. they are barely 1 inch big.And have no coloration yet and they want 80$ for em LOL no thanks. So no i wont suppprt business practices like that... the yellow tang in the wild isnt even close to being over fished.

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)

SmartSelect_20190617-205756_Video Player.gif

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not me. Discus fish have a rule they need to be 2-3 inches before they are sold and they should be adopting this rule for tangs. The yellow tangs ive been seeing are too small to be sold.. they are barely 1 inch big.And have no coloration yet and they want 80$ for em LOL no thanks. So no i wont suppprt business practices like that... the yellow tang in the wild isnt even close to being over fished.
YellowTang2019052801.jpg

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this tang. I got him since about 1.5 inches including the tail. Size of a nickel without the tail. I love to raise fish up from smallest that is practical.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back