Show off your tilefish!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My patient side then came out and said it wasn’t what I want so I won’t have it
Good for you. You have to wait for what you want as real estate is limited in our tanks. Almost went for the jeweled leopard on Reef Pro but I'm going to hold out for a jordani. Hopefully something happens in September.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you. You have to wait for what you want as real estate is limited in our tanks. Almost went for the jeweled leopard on Reef Pro but I'm going to hold out for a jordani. Hopefully something happens in September.
Hopefully you find your jordani!
The starckii had all the nice colours that the flasher had which made it even harder to avoid haha.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skinny one already grabbing mysis before the boss (Watanabe angel) can get to it.

20220327_143641.jpg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large tangs, wantabei angels, anthias, wrasses. Little bit of everything. In a 220 tank. The tilefish are about 6 inches. Very active.
Same with mine. In with a mess of anthias, Watanabe and bellus angles and they are holding their own. Remind me of tarpon shooting through the feeding frenzy.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with mine. In with a mess of anthias, Watanabe and bellus angles and they are holding their own. Remind me of tarpon shooting through the feeding frenzy.
My fourmanoiri shows no fear now. Hangs out up front all day, pushes the other fish aside for frozen food (even the fang blennies and clarkii clown pair). Right out front and center, and sits there watching you, studying your movements outside the tank. He knows people bring food, and begs with the fairy wrasses and chromis. He even slurps frozen direct from the end of the turkey baster. Pretty sure he'd take it from my fingers as well, but that doesn't work out well with the fang blennies and clarkii clown pair since accidental bites from either species hurt. By far one of the most inquisitive fish I have ever kept.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fourmanoiri shows no fear now. Hangs out up front all day, pushes the other fish aside for frozen food (even the fang blennies and clarkii clown pair). Right out front and center, and sits there watching you, studying your movements outside the tank. He knows people bring food, and begs with the fairy wrasses and chromis. He even slurps frozen direct from the end of the turkey baster. Pretty sure he'd take it from my fingers as well, but that doesn't work out well with the fang blennies and clarkii clown pair since accidental bites from either species hurt. By far one of the most inquisitive fish I have ever kept.
They are like dogs. They also don't let any other fish get in their head.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is asleep now. I'll get some tomorrow. They are always out and come to the front glass when they see me. I have 2 Aussies and these are my other 2 dogs!
20220327_143641.jpg
They must look beautiful! I love the red tails they hold.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
31AB6FDF-3428-41F4-9DC0-B363E7B5E85E.gif

I’m actually surprised there’s this many nice tilefish around… I don’t see them much in peoples tanks

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is looking for tilefish? If these guys are still available in another month or so they might just have to get shipped to my house...

Great price on the blue face. Interestingly they have a pintail wrasse misnamed.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is looking for tilefish? If these guys are still available in another month or so they might just have to get shipped to my house...

These are beautiful, my LFS has two Luteus in and I nearly bought them but still holding out for the chlupatyi.

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you guys feed your tilefish? I saw that second link above recommended 3x a day, but that was news to me!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back