Show off your wiring/cable management

still working on it but I think it is looking good so far...

2016-05-25 15.41.25-1.jpg


2016-05-25 15.41.35-1.jpg


2016-05-25 15.41.50-1.jpg


2016-05-25 15.42.00-1.jpg


2016-05-25 15.42.22-1.jpg


2016-05-25 15.42.39-1.jpg



Where did you get that rolling out cable management system?
 
Before I started this build I bought a label maker to have on hand. Best decision of my life :DD
I'm pulling power from two different 20 amp breakers using one apex jr. and a DIY relay.

cable management (1 of 5).jpg


cable management (2 of 5).jpg



cable management (3 of 5).jpg


I have all my lights on their own 20 amp breaker. The apex jr. controls them through this relay.
cable management (4 of 5).jpg


Somewhere early in the build
cable management (5 of 5).jpg
 
Well, I consider mine pretty bad cable management, but I have been doing high-end car audio installation for the last 23 years... so my standards are ultra high. With that being said, I imagine mine is actually pretty decent for the reef world... but I just haven't found the time to make mine how I really want it. Here are some pics of the right side of my stand:

IMG_4008 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4995 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_4994 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_5282 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_5972 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Holy ****, that looks good. I have bookmarked this as a reference for my future setup.
 
Well, I consider mine pretty bad cable management, but I have been doing high-end car audio installation for the last 23 years... so my standards are ultra high. With that being said, I imagine mine is actually pretty decent for the reef world... but I just haven't found the time to make mine how I really want it. Here are some pics of the right side of my stand:

IMG_4008 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr





IMG_5282 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr


What are you using to hold the power bricks?
 
Well, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring...I didn't really attempt anything fancy...I went more with wire concealment vs wire management

upload_2016-9-13_20-51-11.png


I put my power bricks and GFCI powerstrip on a peg board then built a cabinet to put in front of the peg board...

On the cabinet I mounted any displays or controller...I have since mounted an inexpensive tablet next to the APEX display

upload_2016-9-13_20-55-35.png


Inside the cabinet I have my modules and more powerbars...the 4 switch module is for my QT equipment

upload_2016-9-13_21-0-14.png


upload_2016-9-13_21-0-39.png
 
Great job folks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new