Show Us Your Custom Stand Wrapped In "Stone"

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two 120Gs, and I'm thinking about wrapping my newly built wood stands in stone (probably faux stone to keep the weight down). I'd love to see some examples of the custom stands some of you have built using stone for the outer skin.
*** Please post pictures of the front and sides of your stand ***
Thanks !!! :)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea. I've seen several done with tile but don't recall seeing one with stone, faux or real. Signing up to see some examples.

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are not mine, but here are a couple of examples that I saw on Facebook. I think these look really cool !

20180422_202015.jpg

20180422_202049.jpg

Last edited:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look nice. With the variety of faux stone available, the possibilities are almost endless. Way to think out side of the box.

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, simply because of ease of access to the sump. I guess it would be okay if the sump was in the basement.

If there are doors on the front of the stand (as there are in the second photo above) what would prevent you from accessing the sump like you would on any other stand with doors ???

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back