Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setup were you using at this time
Same setup currently on a larger tank.
For the first year of this upgraded system, I ran an old school ATI powermodule 10x54w. I missed the MH too much. Luckily my buddy I sold it back to me when he went single pendants on his new tank and I was able to buy this fixture back. I hung it about 3 weeks ago and everything is looking great, hasn't skipped a beat. Tank is 50x36x26". Still running 250w 14k hamiltons. I did add in QuantaPro OG Pop bars alongside the XHO.

So many of these thread going on right now; hopefully this isn't a double post here. Losing track of what is which thread.

Here is just the 2x250w 14k hamiltons on the "new" system. It's a little over a year old now, 3 weeks back into halide. Apparently I have my phone filter for orange pictures sitting on top of the fixture. It's still there and not damaged, so these run pretty cool for MH lol

FTS MH.jpg

Some top downs, just 14k on.
TOP DOWN Right.jpg
TOP DOWN.jpg

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
For the first year of this upgraded system, I ran an old school ATI powermodule 10x54w. I missed the MH too much. Luckily my buddy I sold it back to me when he went single pendants on his new tank and I was able to buy this fixture back. I hung it about 3 weeks ago and everything is looking great, hasn't skipped a beat. Tank is 50x36x26". Still running 250w 14k hamiltons. I did add in QuantaPro OG Pop bars alongside the XHO.

So many of these thread going on right now; hopefully this isn't a double post here. Losing track of what is which thread.

Here is just the 2x250w 14k hamiltons on the "new" system. It's a little over a year old now, 3 weeks back into halide. Apparently I have my phone filter for orange pictures sitting on top of the fixture. It's still there and not damaged, so these run pretty cool for MH lol

FTS MH.jpg

TOP DOWN Right.jpg
TOP DOWN.jpg
I found someone selling a Current USA fixture with Metal halide and t5 . Do you know if these halides were any good

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found someone selling a Current USA fixture with Metal halide and t5 . Do you know if these halides were any good
No experience with those fixtures. Quick google search and it looks like really small reflectors. Some of those older combo fixtures get super hot and don't spread well. So I'd be hesitant to try that, personally.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
No experience with those fixtures. Quick google search and it looks like really small reflectors. Some of those older combo fixtures get super hot and don't spread well. So I'd be hesitant to try that, personally.
I'm very hesitant they look small like you mentioned but someone near by has them. I'll pass

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

FTS MH.jpg

TOP DOWN Right.jpg
TOP DOWN.jpg
Corals are happy. That corraline algae is looking healthy as well! Haha

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

FTS MH.jpg

TOP DOWN Right.jpg
TOP DOWN.jpg
I just ordered these fixtures . Debating on 14k Hamilton or 20k Radiums ….

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great-looking tanks!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back