Show your nano aquarium here!

Boostd2valve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I run 2 kessil 150's. One sky blue and one ocean blue. I supplement atinic from a reefbright. I'm trying to clean up the look a bit, so it doesn't look like coral threw up in my tank lol. Its a process making everything happy in there but I love it! When I get a real camera I can get better pics, looks so much better in person.

Rob in Puyallup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better coral barf than Cupid's, like in my absolutely lovely pink, purple and red coralline algae encrusted ten gallon! Lol!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great nanos!

mrs.nanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yresaryq.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pretty!

nanoreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up this Fluval pico reef just over a week ago. I used some coral gravel and added mature water and a couple of corals from my main tank. To give the filter bacteria an extra boost I have been adding NT Labs Live Filter Bacteria. I have added 2 clowns and 2 red legged hermits. I replaced the stock pump as I felt it just didnt give enough flow. It now has one of the little Tunze mini pumps which gives an adequate 300lph for this tank size. I have done 2 x 1ltr water changes since Ive set it up, fish and corals are looking happy so its going well so far. The stock light is pretty poor for reef use so I managed to pick up a great wee inano led unit made by Cherry Lumi. Its an 18w Cree led unit. Two Little Fishies Nano Mag
Here's a couple of pics to let you see what its like. The pics dont really do it justice and are actually brighter than you see in the pics but you get the idea. I'm well impressed with it.

Excuse the coke can :whistling:

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

What kind of leds are those? Nice little nano!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

mrs.nanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of leds are those? Nice little nano!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

If you read it he tells you they are the inano by cherry lumi.... with that being said I haven't managed to find them in the US I think you only can get them over seas.

scottishreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read it he tells you they are the inano by cherry lumi.... with that being said I haven't managed to find them in the US I think you only can get them over seas.

They are great little leds and are controllable. The corals are growing well under them. The anthelia coral in the picture grew so much that it was taking over and I had to remove it and replace it with a smaller piece. I'll put up more pics soon.
The company have said that they are still trying to get in on the US market with these.

mrs.nanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've personally been wanting one for awhile. They are very streamline and aesthetically pleasing, plus they seem to be great lights.

ccajigas07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well here is mine its nothing special its just a small jar that i have turned into a pest tank that has a air stone for water flow and a deepblue solar flare for lighting

20131020_130546_zps838d32f0.jpg

20131020_130531_zps6aa3a8df.jpg

scottishreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a recent update of pico reef. The larger of the two clowns decided to jump ship one night while no one was around to pop it back. Have kept the small clown there meantime. Added a blood shrimp a couple of months ago. Everything looking good so far.

mrs.nanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a recent update of pico reef. The larger of the two clowns decided to jump ship one night while no one was around to pop it back. Have kept the small clown there meantime. Added a blood shrimp a couple of months ago. Everything looking good so far.

Pic didn't work :(

scottishreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Maybe it's just my phone I tried tap a talk and browser. ... I guess I'll have to go on my comp :(

It was ok using reef2reef app on my phone but tapatalk or browser didn't appear to work for whatever reason. I've tried again, so if there's still any problems viewing, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 92 42.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 108 49.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back