Project Frankenstein

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to build myself a nano tank...I had a fluval flora sittin in my closet I got for free so I decided to pull it off the shelf and do something with it.

Picked up a sheet of scrap black acrylic from my friends over at ATM and decided to try and make this an "all in one" tank

Everything I cut and or drilled was done with just the tools I had in the garage.

The overflow holes were 3 separate drill holes I filed down into one strip each. Return was drilled out with a 1" hole-saw and then routered out with a large grinding tip on the drill to fit the bulkhead. I cut all the acrylic by hand with an acrylic cutter (I know things arent perfectly straight).

All said and done with the sand bed the display portion should be around ~5 gallons

Basically this is a spare parts build...hence Frankenstein. Here is where I ended after work today:

Attachments

• frankenstein.jpg
    frankenstein.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,413
OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live rock...duh!

Not sure yet. Def want a cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp since I can't have any in my other reef. Various corals. CUC and one or two small fish..just haven't decided what kind(s) yet!

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted one so I probably will!

The tank is almost complete and siliconed. Had to Afro-engineer a few little odds and ends because if space issues in the back but it should do fine! I expect to have it filled with sand and water in about a week or so!

justjosh012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice man... sub'd. Tell your friends at ATM that i want my cieling replaced with a tank i can view through the bottom, stocked with nothing but juvenile gem tangs and red dragon. my budget is 0 dollars but they can have some beer from my fridge.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
their stout looks tasty...i cant drink ales though, im severely allergic to one of the ingredients in it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait to see what you put together. :)

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!...Quality Marine has 6 Trimma gobies...im gonna try and put together an order for my clients and order one of those guys too. he can hang in my fuge for a few days until this tanks up and running.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to use established water and LR from my other reef tank so it should be fairly instantaneous!
If you are interested in one of the little dudes if I get em I can see about shipping you one

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see it going! That Goby is awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back