Show your nano aquarium here!

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have for filtration on your 20g? My flow is set up so it helps the particles go through the overflow and into the back filtration instead of just blowing it around the tank and never getting filtered out.

Aquaclear 50g, hydor korilia 240, and two return pumps modified to be powerhead a

RedneckReefer68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to adjust your flow so it blows the floaters to the intake of it gently so it can take it out. You might have to add more powerheads. When I ran just one overflow I put it right in the middle of the tank and had powerheads on opposite sides aimed at each other. That created a upward water motion that let the overflow suck everything down to my filter sock.

You can kinda see here in my old aquapod24

fts3.jpg

You can't see it but I have another ph behind the rocks to keep anything from settling on the sand

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to adjust your flow so it blows the floaters to the intake of it gently so it can take it out. You might have to add more powerheads. When I ran just one overflow I put it right in the middle of the tank and had powerheads on opposite sides aimed at each other. That created a upward water motion that let the overflow suck everything down to my filter sock.

You can kinda see here in my old aquapod24

fts3.jpg

You can't see it but I have another ph behind the rocks to keep anything from settling on the sand

You're gonna have to explain that in English for dumb people like me[emoji6][emoji849]

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice nugs some day I'll pull the trigger if u don't mind how much did the pair cost?

Actually my lfs made a mistake with the pricing, so instead of going for 200$ apiece, meaning 400$ I bought the mated pair for for half that price, basically I got a buy one, get one free deal by accident. By my lfs they go for abt 199$ each, but I've seen them go for less

Brouwerb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 month old nano.
Tank: Eheim 9 gallon
10 lbs live rock
10 lbs live sand
Filtration: Eheim corner filter with mini bio balls and carbon filter pads, Seaclone 100 hang on protein skimmer with a few mods.
50W heater
6-6W leds (4-10000K and 2-Actinic)

IMG_9054.JPG

nicholas.babb@gmail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 13 update. Fighting hair algae with no detectable nitrates or phosphates but have some snails and hermits on clean up duty.

Added a couple LPS frags at week 8 and the clown pair at week 12. Eventually will remove all the rocks except for main arch and mount LPS frags on acrylic platters on the bottom. Main rock work will be for eventual SPS.

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_9115.jpg

Update week whatever.

No more algae problems, the biological filteration in my tank has really hit a stride and corals are thriving. Upgraded tanks due to a broken mame overload. New tank is a nuvo black 30l that I drilled myself.

Clowns finally figured out what the torch coral and BTA are for.

Skimmer neck broke and I am considering not replacing it. Thoughts?

IMG_0386.JPG

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice nano reefs!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 40 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 41 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back