Shower thought

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayadog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rayadog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2025
Messages
1,249
Reaction score
1,159
Location
PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A common occurrence today… But I was just chuckling about how I opted for a fleece roller because I didn’t want to rinse socks everyday. Yet, here I am dosing what it pulls out everyday.

Probably on the cleaner side of that trade off but maybe not the simpler side.

homer simpson doh GIF


Now… would I do it again? Hmm.
 
I know of a few reefers including Josh Earle from World Wide Corals who run no mechanical at all. I've looked for it before and I cannot find it, but I once saw a WWC video where Josh basically said, 'anything your filter socks catch, you should add back to your tank' 🙃

Your milage may vary, but I like this *style* of reefing 🙂

Good luck!
 
I know of a few reefers including Josh Earle from World Wide Corals who run no mechanical at all. I've looked for it before and I cannot find it, but I once saw a WWC video where Josh basically said, 'anything your filter socks catch, you should add back to your tank' 🙃

Your milage may vary, but I like this *style* of reefing 🙂

Good luck!
I believe it. And actually think I’ve heard that from him. He makes the most logical points, to me, out of all those guys. My old 20 used to just have a crappy sponge and ceramics in an in tank filter; so it was nearly all still in the water. Tank cruised for about a decade like that really well.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new