• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Showing some love for LiveAquaria!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a clean up crew delivered today and everything arrived alive and doing well.
Order included:
30 astrea snails
5 emerald crabs
1 snapping shrimp

It was separated into 5 bags
25 snails, 5 snails, 4 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 1 snapping shrimp.

Assuming the red crab was a substitute and I’m fine with that. While acclimating I noticed one of the snails was moving like a hermit. It was but I counted the snail shells and there were a couple extras so free hermit crab!
I was a little skeptical when I saw how tiny the snapping shrimp was wondering how I would ever see it in the 30 gallon tank. It was less than 3/4”. I acclimated it in a solo cup and then once ready to introduce used a small container to set it down in the area I wanted it to reside. Within 10 minutes that tiny shrimp started scooping sand and burrowing under the rock right where I put him. I am super impressed with his bulldozing skills and could watch him all day. He’ll grow up soon but his size makes his actions so much cuter.

Thank you Live Aquaria! I know you don’t get enough good things being said about you but I’ve been impressed with the quality I’ve been getting. Keep it up! I have several tanks and more stocking to do. I’ll continue shopping with you as my preferred livestock vendor.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh come on people. Surely we can start a thread with good LiveAquaria experiences.

Share your good experiences (actual experience not “what you’ve heard”).

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live Aquaria has always been good to me. Never had a fish arrive DOA. Any invert or coral issues were always quickly resolved.
Customer since 2008.

Corallove123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a few wild sps colonies from them. All of them were very healthy. One was very sensitive and died within the 14 days which liveaquaria gave me credit for. It was a no hassle 14 days guarantee. They got great customer service. Highly recommend.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had good shipments from LA and a few bad.
It's funny to see how people react now to warranty claims.
Now they are like a majority of the others.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live Aquaria has always been good to me. Never had a fish arrive DOA. Any invert or coral issues were always quickly resolved.
Customer since 2008.
While I cannot say I’ve never had a DOA fish I can say that every claim DOA or 14 day guarantee have been no issue claiming and being resolved.

I get healthier fish from LA than I can get from any of the 4 local stores.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall they are pretty good but the “old liveaquaria” had more deals.

recently I ordered a Red Sea energy plus from them and the measuring cup was shatter inside where the packaging was not damaged so def not due to shipping.

I contacted them and $5 was credited to me so I though that was pretty good customer service.

I hardly order from them now due to lack of sales but if they step up the Good deal game, I might.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I cannot say I’ve never had a DOA fish I can say that every claim DOA or 14 day guarantee have been no issue claiming and being resolved.

I get healthier fish from LA than I can get from any of the 4 local stores.
Never had luck with corals with them. Fishes did have lots of DOA but most of my orders were took care of.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had one doa experience with them, and it was a package UPS lost track of for an extra day so I can't even fault them. They credited it back no questions asked. I also received the wrong fish once and they told me to keep or donate it and shipped out the right one. They've always been good to me.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had one doa experience with them, and it was a package UPS lost track of for an extra day so I can't even fault them. They credited it back no questions asked. I also received the wrong fish once and they told me to keep or donate it and shipped out the right one. They've always been good to me.
I did have a situation where my fish must have missed their connecting flight and didn’t make it the day they were supposed to. Or the next day since it was the 4th of July! That was my dumb mistake for ordering to arrive the day before a holiday. I notified them early on the 3rd that it was stuck in transit and they told me to go ahead and accept the package and if any issues call them back and it would be taken care of. It was said that they pack their livestock to be good up to 72 hours. When the package arrived late afternoon on the 5th I just knew it wasn’t going to be a good sight. I opened the box in the dark and both fish were alive. Very pale, but alive. Purple tang and Koran angel both survived and the Koran is still with me today 2 years later. Lost the purple tang after adding a powder blue to the QT with the 2 of them. Also my fault. That purple was a beautiful fish. The powder blue was from LA also and is with me now for 2 years.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had luck with corals with them. Fishes did have lots of DOA but most of my orders were took care of.

I've been pretty lucky with corals from them too for the most part. Arriving alive and doing well until I screwed it up at least haha. When I started out I got everything from them, in the last year coral-wise I got a really pretty bright orange speckled zoa (no idea the "name") and a nice pearl bubble coral. I think that's really it though, now that I know more I want more particular things and I've learned who to get them from.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had plenty of healthy fish from diver’s den. Most recently a powder blue hybrid tang, juvenile emperor angelfish and a regal angelfish.
All happy healthy and eating in my display.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA is a hit or miss on my part. The 14 day guarantee is good enough but I miss the old LA where they refund instead of credit to your account. Just last week I have some corals bought from them and waiting for there corals to be available.
Fish are healthy most of the time, with hermit crabs they are usually too small.

Last edited:

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pretty lucky with corals from them too for the most part. Arriving alive and doing well until I screwed it up at least haha. When I started out I got everything from them, in the last year coral-wise I got a really pretty bright orange speckled zoa (no idea the "name") and a nice pearl bubble coral. I think that's really it though, now that I know more I want more particular things and I've learned who to get them from.
Well good for you but you reminded me the pearl bubble I ordered, it was so tiny and I can’t even see it lol

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also been getting loyalty discounts on my orders. I’ll get checked out then once I get the confirmation email realize it actually is $5 less than I thought I paid.

Last October I combined a 15% off code along with yellow tangs that were on sale and got 4 yellow tangs delivered to my door for $34/tang. Where can you find yellows for $34 each? Shipped at that! All 4 went through QT and I just recently (last Sunday) traded 1 to a local reefer for lots of corals to get my 30 gallon reef filled in. Let’s just say I got way, way, way more than $34 worth of coral for that tang.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have ordered ORA fish several times from LiveAquaria - fish were always well packaged and healthy. I will be placing another order soon!

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good for you but you reminded me the pearl bubble I ordered, it was so tiny and I can’t even see it lol

Awhh I'm sorry! I got lucky with mine, I ordered it expecting a much smaller specimen by their description and it was 2x the size I thought it would be.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhh I'm sorry! I got lucky with mine, I ordered it expecting a much smaller specimen by their description and it was 2x the size I thought it would be.
I might order fish from them for my new set up but it all depends on if they have good sales like before.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a clean up crew delivered today and everything arrived alive and doing well.
Order included:
30 astrea snails
5 emerald crabs
1 snapping shrimp

It was separated into 5 bags
25 snails, 5 snails, 4 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 1 snapping shrimp.

Assuming the red crab was a substitute and I’m fine with that. While acclimating I noticed one of the snails was moving like a hermit. It was but I counted the snail shells and there were a couple extras so free hermit crab!
I was a little skeptical when I saw how tiny the snapping shrimp was wondering how I would ever see it in the 30 gallon tank. It was less than 3/4”. I acclimated it in a solo cup and then once ready to introduce used a small container to set it down in the area I wanted it to reside. Within 10 minutes that tiny shrimp started scooping sand and burrowing under the rock right where I put him. I am super impressed with his bulldozing skills and could watch him all day. He’ll grow up soon but his size makes his actions so much cuter.

Thank you Live Aquaria! I know you don’t get enough good things being said about you but I’ve been impressed with the quality I’ve been getting. Keep it up! I have several tanks and more stocking to do. I’ll continue shopping with you as my preferred livestock vendor.

Hello @JasonK84. We cannot thank you enough for your kind words. We are so glad to hear that everything is thriving and doing well! Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to working together in the future!

Our Live Aquaria team would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this post! Your patronage during these unprecedented times is sincerely appreciated. We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

-LiveAquaria

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer since 2008.

I've had things come DoA (or near only to die later) but for the most part I've had good luck with LiveAquaria.

Things I've had dead or near dead on arrival in the past year -

Purple LTA ( water was so cloudy in the bag you couldn't see the animal, died a day later)

Yellow clown goby - just straight up dead on arrival

Took pictures of dead specimens, received credit. Pretty easy.

Now, let's talk about the things that have been perfect -

2x tomato clowns
Platinum Clown
2x bangai Cardinals
Kole Tang
Yellow Coris wrasse
Galaxea Coral (FANTASTIC SPECIMEN)
branching hammers
Sanjays Galaxy
Giant Duncan's
Red cap Monti's
Blue ridge Coral
GSP
Pearl bubble Coral
Acan

And a bunch of other stuff I forgot.

So, LiveAquaria - love you guys, you're my first choice and the good outweighs the bad for sure.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back