• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Showing some love for LiveAquaria!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had things come DoA (or near only to die later) but for the most part I've had good luck with LiveAquaria.

Things I've had dead or near dead on arrival in the past year -

Purple LTA ( water was so cloudy in the bag you couldn't see the animal, died a day later)

Yellow clown goby - just straight up dead on arrival

Took pictures of dead specimens, received credit. Pretty easy.

Now, let's talk about the things that have been perfect -

2x tomato clowns
Platinum Clown
2x bangai Cardinals
Kole Tang
Yellow Coris wrasse
Galaxea Coral (FANTASTIC SPECIMEN)
branching hammers
Sanjays Galaxy
Giant Duncan's
Red cap Monti's
Blue ridge Coral
GSP
Pearl bubble Coral
Acan

And a bunch of other stuff I forgot.

So, LiveAquaria - love you guys, you're my first choice and the good outweighs the bad for sure.
That’s what I’m talking about. I think it’s unreasonable to expect perfect every time with all of the variables that play into shipping livestock.
My experience is also like yours where the majority is great and what isn’t has been taken care of easily per their policies.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had good experiences with LA, had some invert losses once and the CS team were quick to respond via email and made everything whole within 24 hours. I expect I will make another order from them once they've had a chance to restock some of their products.

dohc97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issues are more related to the latest dd pricing and the fact that several people that i personally know have received sick fish from dd. My dd purchases in the past came in great and parasite free but that was under old ownership. the last time i ordered fish i ordered a regal angelfish, first one DOA, they shipped a replacement and that replacement is my avatar, fish was perfect size and ate out of the bag, he came from liveaquaria side so i did have to deal with some issues. package ended up stuck at ups, took several hours of back and forth to get ups to let me pick up him up so he wouldn't spend another day in transit, lucky too because the bag was leaking, half the water was gone by the time i opened package at home. if i had a qt setup i would continue to buy fish from the liveaquaria side but i do not so i now am only looking to buy from places that have a qt process in place.

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m talking about. I think it’s unreasonable to expect perfect every time with all of the variables that play into shipping livestock.
My experience is also like yours where the majority is great and what isn’t has been taken care of easily per their policies.

Yeah, it's not realistic to expect a 100% success rate when you're transporting ocean dwelling creatures on a truck, to an airplane, back to another truck half way across the country (sometimes the world). Just doesn't make any sense to me. Every creature is different, even within their own class of critter.

From what I've seen of LiveAquaria and their facility, you don't dump that kind of money into the equipment they have to take losses on livestock.

I'd love a tour sometime, I'm down in Illinois, it's not that far.

FYI @LiveAquaria, is there anyway you guys could post all your light settings for the tanks? I'd love to keep mine the same as yours for when I order more or just for curiosity.

I have softies, LPS and SPS from you!

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's not realistic to expect a 100% success rate when you're transporting ocean dwelling creatures on a truck, to an airplane, back to another truck half way across the country (sometimes the world). Just doesn't make any sense to me. Every creature is different, even within their own class of critter.

From what I've seen of LiveAquaria and their facility, you don't dump that kind of money into the equipment they have to take losses on livestock.

I'd love a tour sometime, I'm down in Illinois, it's not that far.

FYI @LiveAquaria, is there anyway you guys could post all your light settings for the tanks? I'd love to keep mine the same as yours for when I order more or just for curiosity.

I have softies, LPS and SPS from you!
Hello and thank you for your support! I will see what I can find out about our lighting profiles. We hope to have an Open House Tour this fall when things settle down with the virus and social distancing, etc. Otherwise, it may not happen until 2021. Stay healthy!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello and thank you for your support! I will see what I can find out about our lighting profiles. We hope to have an Open House Tour this fall when things settle down with the virus and social distancing, etc. Otherwise, it may not happen until 2021. Stay healthy!
WI facility? I remember this used to be an annual event around labor day

ChicagoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good for Live Aquaria in my tank. Most of my fish came there - some well over 5 years old now. Recently a few additions and all fish are healthy and doing great. No leaks in package. Delivered on time as promised. I am a big fan of Live Aquaria. Don't buy my coral there, but fish, inverts, and cleanup crews. Did I mention I got a tuxedo pincushion a few weeks ago from Live Aquaria. Small, but doing great in my 90 gallon reef. Very healthy.

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far Ive gotten most my fish and coral from LiveAquaria, and Ive had no problems. Ive got Clownfish, Red Firefish, Royal Gramma, and Banggai cardinalfish. Corals are mushrooms, xenia, zoas, and finger leather. No problems with anything. Had most the fish over a month.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far Ive gotten most my fish and coral from LiveAquaria, and Ive had no problems. Ive got Clownfish, Red Firefish, Royal Gramma, and Banggai cardinalfish. Corals are mushrooms, xenia, zoas, and finger leather. No problems with anything. Had most the fish over a month.
Awesome! I’m always thinking up my next order. There’s just so many different things I want!

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post gives me hope and it makes me happy to see that folks have had good experiences here. I had a really bad experience with the livestock that I purchased(it was shipped with an ice pack) a while ago but they've always been spot on with their frozen food delivery.

I think I'll give them another try again in the future. I've always liked the variety that I see on their page and the DD is a fun place for me to drool over for when I have my dream tank someday. :)

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post gives me hope and it makes me happy to see that folks have had good experiences here. I had a really bad experience with the livestock that I purchased(it was shipped with an ice pack) a while ago but they've always been spot on with their frozen food delivery.

I think I'll give them another try again in the future. I've always liked the variety that I see on their page and the DD is a fun place for me to drool over for when I have my dream tank someday. :)
For sure give @LiveAquaria another go. I’ve ordered many times with them in the past 2 years. Many more good experiences than bad.

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are genuinely nice people who care about their customers and their livestock. I love @LiveAquaria and they're my first go to when I can't (or don't want to) travel the 2.5 hours to a decent LFS with acceptable prices.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used LiveAquaria for my last 3 major fish purchases. Couldn't have had a better experience. All three orders came in alive, healthy, correct, and on time.
I've visited their Rhinelander facility multiple times, very clean and very cool to tour.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used LiveAquaria for my last 3 major fish purchases. Couldn't have had a better experience. All three orders came in alive, healthy, correct, and on time.
I've visited their Rhinelander facility multiple times, very clean and very cool to tour.
It would be cool to tour. Sad I live so far away.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be cool to tour. Sad I live so far away.
This is the last tour I went on. Luckily for you and for everyone, my ugly mug doesn't appear in this video ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've always had good dealings with them. They've been good at taking care of customers, and I love their classification system... very informative and used by hobbyists all the time to find out care requirements for their fish. And who doesn't drool over the fish in their diver's den!?

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, their big problem is the price and the box charge.

Sorry, but I just can't spend $100 on a 1-2" blue tang... and that's ON SALE.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back