Shrimp hiding in Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chonch1224
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chonch1224

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
7
Location
Downingtown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I was adding pods to my tank tonight. Turned off the pumps and such. Added all my pods and some phyto. Using a red light was checking out the tank and noticed this little guy in my rock.

Looks like a shrimp of some kind. The 4 sexy shrimp, cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp are only ones I've added and are accounted for.

Anyone have an idea, sorry for the difficult to see video. Was best I could do before be bolted back into tbe rocks

All Rock I've added was dry rock to start. All coral and such are all inspected and dipped. No idea how he got in here. Not made he is cool little dude haha

Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 20250808_002944.mp4
    45 MB
Have you been hearing any popping noises? Looks a bit like a pistol shrimp.
I have a large tiger pistol shrimp that is paired with my yellow goby. He is much bigger and lives in another cave. He makes some serious pop noises haha
 
Took screen shot of the video. Hard to see
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250808_010439_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20250808_010439_Gallery.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 71

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new