Shrimp molted!

beginner_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2021
Messages
175
Reaction score
127
Location
Ozona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had these 2 guys for a week now and have had them in QT. Woke up this morning to find the bigger one has molted. I understand he is very vulnerable right now. Would love to put him in our DT but it is so new right now and hasn't completed the inital cycle yet. Anything special I need to do for him? LFS had them listed as peppermint shrimp. Is that what they are?

20210315_075241.jpg
 
Nice! One of mine just molted as well. Looks like cleaner shrimp, if so you got lucky lol. As far as doing anything for it during that process I'm not sure. I just let mine do what he's gotta do.
 
Give it 48 hours to harden
It will eat the molt for calcium
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new