Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at trading or buying one of these Superman shrooms off a local guy. Never had anything but ricordea shrooms before. Are these guys toxic? A buddy had his torch fall onto a shroom, I’m assuming it’s a rhodactis, and it neatrly killed the torch. Pretty sure these aren’t rhcodactis but I don’t know.

can I put them next to a Ric or will they kill it?

934B75CA-38AF-4F79-847F-47D9E24EEDF8.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, yep ric will eat it up..keep them apart... :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
will be fine with other disco mush, but not ricordea.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
best to avoid ,keep seperate,coral warfare... ;)

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with this right here. Ric will kill it. Ric will not be hostile towards zoas ime, but if lps touches ric, it will be hostile to lps.
Are the Superman shrooms the type to spread like a plague or can I take them off to r rock and sell them? Also, can they be placed next to other coral or are they aggressive as well?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the Superman shrooms the type to spread like a plague or can I take them off to r rock and sell them? Also, can they be placed next to other coral or are they aggressive as well?

i don’t know for sure but everything I’ve read seems to point to the solid color discos being the ones that can grow out of control.

heck. I have two discos and within three weeks one has created two little clones while seeming royally po’d. Oddly the other teal disco has grown huge but hasn’t reproduced.

@fishguy242 @Eagle_Steve @F i s h y please chime in and correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t want to inadvertently spread false info

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don’t know for sure but everything I’ve read seems to point to the solid color discos being the ones that can grow out of control.

heck. I have two discos and within three weeks one has created two little clones while seeming royally po’d. Oddly the other teal disco has grown huge but hasn’t reproduced.

@fishguy242 @Eagle_Steve @F i s h y please chime in and correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t want to inadvertently spread false info
I’ve got a friend with some solid purple ones that are a plague. I don’t know about the flashy ones though. If I can get them off the rock I won’t care cause I’ll sell those bad boys.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Superman’s grow fast for me, but not plague like. The nem cannon also works to remove them. Just use smaller diameter pipe and a shorter piece.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superman’s grow fast for me, but not plague like. The nem cannon also works to remove them. Just use smaller diameter pipe and a shorter piece.
Nem cannon? I have no idea what that is, but whether it’s useful to me or not I am getting one just so I can say I have it. That hilarious!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nem cannon? I have no idea what that is, but whether it’s useful to me or not I am getting one just so I can say I have it. That hilarious!
It is a DIY item, but super easy to make. Check out the sticky in the nem section. Link below.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back