Shubi`s 95 gallon mixed reef

Hi,shubi.
Can you more explain about Your diy cree and epistar leds?
How many you use them?
 
This might be the first tank I've seen from Romania. I am very impressed with your DIY skills. I read this thread, but could you please elaborate more on your drip system and the way you use your top off water through media?

Also, I'm impressed with your video and photography skills.

Thanks for posting here at Reef2Reef.

Very intrigued by your tank. In your first video there are up-flow reactors with what looks to be carbon and GFO. Do you use carbon and GFO on your tank?
Can you show a picture of you top off reactor and your triple upflow "drip" reactors in use?

Obviously, you're a machinist?
 
Last edited:
Impressive tank.
love the pics and all the DIY
 
Hi,shubi.
Can you more explain about Your diy cree and epistar leds?
How many you use them?

It`s a DIY lamp, made by me.
I has this configuration:

15883511913_983e7e84b0_o.jpg


16317565607_87b21653c0_b.jpg
 
Hy all and thank you !!!


...... could you please elaborate more on your drip system and the way you use your top off water through media?


It will be easier to understand in a drawing

15883858993_9b129e3b71_o.jpg


...... the way you use your top off water through media?

15881528294_2946d3d3ee_o.jpg


Very intrigued by your tank. In your first video there are up-flow reactors with what looks to be carbon and GFO. Do you use carbon and GFO on your tank?

No, only test purpose to see how they work, I make and sell DIY reactors to the Romanian market :)

Obviously, you're a machinist?

NO, it`s just a hobby, I`m engineer in agriculture :)
 
Test :bigsmile:

Biopellets reactor, same amount of biopellets, the same flow pump, 1000 liters/hour, left free flow, right....reactor containing a "turbine" designed by....me :wave:


[video=youtube;TlSYpbBX1Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSYpbBX1Ow[/video]

15395753281_fd494c9f57_o.jpg

15398601272_f027e19f99_o.jpg

15398922785_cd91ab0047_o.jpg
 
You`re welcome.

I adopted natural filtration system, I don`t do water changes, I`m adding only powder ABC+ from RedSea, and A,B,C from the same manufacturer for correction, according to test results once a week.
Also, crossing top off water by Argonite environment, standing there a relative period of time, lead to the melting of Argonit which greatly help in stability of kH/pH and intake of elements of which it is composed: Ca, Mg, etc.
Drop by drop filter sistem is anaerobic and is the only dedicated filtration system that I use normaly.
When I have problems with phosphates i use for a short period of time Rowaphos.
I do not use skimmer, which gets useful nutrients from the water and kill the existing flora.
 
I talked to him about it and he replied something like this: Only if they let me do it in German, he does not speach English :))))
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new