Sicce 0.5 IN Deskmate 4.8!

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2017
Messages
2,056
Reaction score
2,410
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG UPGRADE!

@ESHOPPS.INC @Vivid Creative Aquatics @Bulk Reef Supply

I purchased the wrong size pump (too big and wouldn't fit in the main chamber, but turns out it was a blessing in disguise!

SICCE 0.5 in the main chamber. Check out what I did!

IMG_3173.JPG

Incase the text on the picture is too small:

MAGENTA: Heater stayed in the main chamber, just moved it over so it now sits more under the overflow.

RED: I accidentally purchased the Sicce Silent 0.5 instead of the Micra Plus. Origianlly I was going to return it, but thought to myself….wait a second. I moved the pump into the main chamber, as well as removed the bioballs from the main chamber (see GREEN post below). I’ve noticed this allows the water to flow a bit better through the chamber, and prevent dead spots.

GREEN:
Moved the bio balls out of the bag they were in (under the skimmer cup), and put them in the far left chamber. I’m
going to re-seed the tank with pods, and this will give them a safe place to grow. This area now does NOT get much flow
However this will be better for the pods, and I”ll be able to give it a show with the turkey baster to mix things up a bit.

Thanks for looking!
 
Thanks for sharing! That is a clever way of getting that pump in there!
 
Thanks for sharing! That is a clever way of getting that pump in there!
Thanks! My original idea was to pop out the divider in the back....but then thought it'd be a cool place to store the bio balls! So far so good.

Corals seem to be happy too. Getting some new crazy polyp extension already!
 
@Haggisman14 did you need to cut/modify the overflow to accommodate more flow from the bigger pump?

I've seen many posts about people opening up that overflow and adding a 3D printed cover/overflow guard. I was thinking about making that modification prior to even getting things set up, but now that I have the tank in hand, I'm 2nd guessing myself.
 
@Haggisman14 did you need to cut/modify the overflow to accommodate more flow from the bigger pump?

I've seen many posts about people opening up that overflow and adding a 3D printed cover/overflow guard. I was thinking about making that modification prior to even getting things set up, but now that I have the tank in hand, I'm 2nd guessing myself.

@stalkem I did not cut/modify the overflow. I think the main reason I didn't have to is because I'm running dual RFG's on the tank that dial down the flow just a little bit. If it was just straight piped right into the tank, it might be too much.

I even keep a filter floss pad in the overflow and don't have any issues at all!

Here's where my waterline sits.

IMG_3440.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new