Sicce Failure Help

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Sicce pumps in my system. Xstream powerhead and Syncra SDC 6. Last night I came home to alerts about BLOCKED ROTOR PROTECTION on the return pump. Since then i've removed the pump and cleaned it out and checked to see if there was a blockage. As I suspected there was nothing. It was a bit dirty I will admit. I've only had the pumps since mid summer so I consider them fairly new.

I went through procedures of turning off power and waiting and nothing will fire the pump back up. It does kick on but the blocked rotor protection gets it to only a few clicks. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get this running again. What is the best way to handle this situation? I can't really wait to order another from BRS since temperatures in the sump are plummeting.

GardenofZoas20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with a SICCE pump and did the same thing - I thought it was clean but it still would not start again. As a last ditch effort to save the pump, I soaked it for a couple of hours in 50% vinegar/50% RODI water, rinsed well, and then it started again. My only guess is there was something I missed in my cleaning that the vinegar
dissolved. Not sure if that will help, but good luck.

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with a SICCE pump and did the same thing - I thought it was clean but it still would not start again. As a last ditch effort to save the pump, I soaked it for a couple of hours in 50% vinegar/50% RODI water, rinsed well, and then it started again. My only guess is there was something I missed in my cleaning that the vinegar
dissolved. Not sure if that will help, but good luck.
I hope you're right! My biggest problem is that I can't get home until later tonight and my hydros alerts are going off nonstop so anxiety through the roof. I'm just trying to remain calm and retain the best information that I can to take care of this tonight.

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Important information I overlooked... I've been looking for "SICCE" in my list of networks on iphone and I can't get it to display. This is important for the controller restart where the blinking lights flash. Normal operation says the device is searching to connect to wifi. I can't get this far as I'm not sure its a problem with my phone or the Sicce.

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned the pump two times again today with citric acid and vinegar. Still a brick. I tried plugging in just the pump and no controller and that does nothing. I redid the wifi and everything running smoothly. Connected to ideal 2g network. Now I'm in the situation where I'm out a $300 return pump and scrambling for a solution while maintaining a pregnant wife working 60hrs a week.
I have my python and Sicce zero utility pump blasting the cold water up to the display. Hopefully nothing dies in the time it takes to get another pump installed. If anyone can offer any insight it would greatly be appreciated.

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you contacted Sicce? If the pump is less than 6 months old it's under warranty. Plus they will troubleshoot with you.

Does the pump work in manual mode with just the handheld controller no wifi connection because the power heads can?

Have you done a hard reset, unplug power. Then while plugging in the controller holding + and power waiting for the wifi light to blink slowly after blinking fast?

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you contacted Sicce? If the pump is less than 6 months old it's under warranty. Plus they will troubleshoot with you.

Does the pump work in manual mode with just the handheld controller no wifi connection because the power heads can?

Have you done a hard reset, unplug power. Then while plugging in the controller holding + and power waiting for the wifi light to blink slowly after blinking fast?
I contacted Sicce a couple times so far. I got an email this morning asking if I unplugged the controller... The pump is about 6 months since I've had it. The pump doesn't seem to work at all whether I bypass the controller or not, and I did go through the hard reset process at least a few times. The controller seems just fine really, no issues other than the random black outs. Everything that is haptic or done through CONTRALL seems to work and respond and coordinate together. The pump won't move as its stuck on BLOCKED ROTOR PROTECTION. I also tried connecting everything to various sinks and tubs in my house and nothing. Again, all software seems to work and when the refresh is complete it triggers the fault code. I ordered another Sicce SDC 7.0 because I cannot wait; that will arrive tomorrow. I'm going to try to reach out to BRS again and see how I should proceed.

I may be past the point of help with this pump but my troubles have been documented. When I come across a solution that works I will post it.

Jay Wilson- SICCE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Sicce a couple times so far. I got an email this morning asking if I unplugged the controller... The pump is about 6 months since I've had it. The pump doesn't seem to work at all whether I bypass the controller or not, and I did go through the hard reset process at least a few times. The controller seems just fine really, no issues other than the random black outs. Everything that is haptic or done through CONTRALL seems to work and respond and coordinate together. The pump won't move as its stuck on BLOCKED ROTOR PROTECTION. I also tried connecting everything to various sinks and tubs in my house and nothing. Again, all software seems to work and when the refresh is complete it triggers the fault code. I ordered another Sicce SDC 7.0 because I cannot wait; that will arrive tomorrow. I'm going to try to reach out to BRS again and see how I should proceed.

I may be past the point of help with this pump but my troubles have been documented. When I come across a solution that works I will post it.
Hello!!!! do you have an email where we were assisting you. I cannot find it based on your R2R handle. However if you email me direct we can find out what is going on unless you are all sorted with us directly. We are here to help. Sometimes it takes time to troubleshoot etc but we are always willing to help and see you through the process.

luttrj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!!! do you have an email where we were assisting you. I cannot find it based on your R2R handle. However if you email me direct we can find out what is going on unless you are all sorted with us directly. We are here to help. Sometimes it takes time to troubleshoot etc but we are always willing to help and see you through the process.
Jay, I'm having an issue with initial set up of this pump. Can you give me an email so i can contact you? Thanks.

Salena87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble with my Sicce 6.0 scd pump. It keep saying dry run protection but there is plenty on water in the sump. I have cleaned all the parts and put the pump back correctly. I have unplugged and plugged back to power and the pump still will not start. Can you help me out please.

OP
OP
J

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble with my Sicce 6.0 scd pump. It keep saying dry run protection but there is plenty on water in the sump. I have cleaned all the parts and put the pump back correctly. I have unplugged and plugged back to power and the pump still will not start. Can you help me out please.
You’re best off returning the pump if you can. I was able to and got the next size up. I run only sicce pumps. They can be finicky at first but once they get going they only need basic maintenance. What you’re having is a known problem just exchange it for another if you can and you most likely will never see that error again.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back