Sicce PSK 1200 SDC Vibration

  • Thread starter Thread starter rob taft
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Same issue here using the pump for redsea skimmer 600, DC version. Have anybody found the working and reliable solution?
 
Here you can see the issue in the video. It is most likely a problem with the stator pole, since all mechanical components appear to be in good condition.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6817.mov
    14.3 MB
I gave up. My attempts to resolve this with the retailer Saltwater Aquarium were fruitless and I tossed it in my parts bin. My pump worked fine for a couple of months then started the wobble. I could not see anything materially wrong with pump.

When this started, I just assumed the pump needed cleaning but after cleaning and during the reassembly process, I noticed that it was neigh impossible to seat the upper pump housing on the impellor as the impellor shaft wouldn't stay centered. I seared the top portion by manually holding the impellor in place long enough to seat it in the top bushing.
 
Same issue here but I have received a new pump directly from red sea support. But now I am afraid to clean it…
 
Did your rattling ever stop?
The new pump works fine but I do not plan to ever clean it! I think the pump has some issue in design because it is not normal. I have several Eheim pumps for 15+ years and never experience such issue. I do not trust Sicce and hope RS will change the pump in future version of skimmers and offer some upgrade.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new