Sicce sdc 7?

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
I have had good experience with sicce and I'm ready to get a second return pump, so my current one will be a spare. the sdc 7 seems like a good fit. It has pretty spotty reviews for noise, but they are all a couple years old. Maybe they've fixed the issue. I'm wondering if anyone has recent experience with them.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mastiffsrule

Vote for me for senator
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey @slojim

It may help if you change the title to something like Looking for reviews on the Sicce SDC7, or Anyone using the Sicce SDC7. May help get more response.

I don’t use one so I can’t help, but a bump may help get some responses

cmaxwell39

View Badges
Reaction score
I am using the Sicce SDC 9.0 as a return pump from my basement sump. Turned up all the way it has a slight hum, but my basement fish room has other noisier equipment. I don’t notice it unless I am specifically listening for it, but I can’t say it is silent.

If I am running it at less than 100% (75% or less, have not played with it in the speeds between 75 and 100%) it is dead silent.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks @Mastiffsrule. I have read your posts on the maxspect jump. I was looking at it and a varios, and had set the sdc aside due to the spotty reviews. But I have good sicce experience, and current events in hk have me rethinking about where to spend

OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks @cmaxwell39 it seems the 9 never got panned like the 7. The 7 is a much better fit for me though. I don't push a ton of flow through my sump normally, but i would like to turn it up occasionally for export or to purge air faster on a restart without going to high flow all the time.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
well - not much info it would seem. The other pump I am looking at is a tunze silence 1073.060. But oddly - just like the sicce, it seems that folks like this pump series except for this particular size. I like my sicce and tunze products, so its frustrating that the model that matches my demand is "not their best". I may start another thread to see if I can get some new feedback on the tunze.
I really like my 110g tank, but it does feel at times like it is not easy to fit out, or it requires something a little more expensive. I had a Buick GN, while some friends had mustangs and camaros and monte carlos. Seems like they could trip and fall and find some parts for their 5.0's and 5.7's, while I was calling vendors in other states looking for brake parts. I guess I never learn.

Have you ever owned an AIO Reef Tank?

• Yes I am running one now

Votes: 234 48.9%
  • YES in the past

Votes: 84 17.5%
  • NO

Votes: 102 21.3%
  • No but want to in the future

Votes: 55 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 0.8%

Online statistics