Sicce sdc 7?

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good experience with sicce and I'm ready to get a second return pump, so my current one will be a spare. the sdc 7 seems like a good fit. It has pretty spotty reviews for noise, but they are all a couple years old. Maybe they've fixed the issue. I'm wondering if anyone has recent experience with them.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @slojim

It may help if you change the title to something like Looking for reviews on the Sicce SDC7, or Anyone using the Sicce SDC7. May help get more response.

I don’t use one so I can’t help, but a bump may help get some responses

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Sicce SDC 9.0 as a return pump from my basement sump. Turned up all the way it has a slight hum, but my basement fish room has other noisier equipment. I don’t notice it unless I am specifically listening for it, but I can’t say it is silent.

If I am running it at less than 100% (75% or less, have not played with it in the speeds between 75 and 100%) it is dead silent.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Mastiffsrule. I have read your posts on the maxspect jump. I was looking at it and a varios, and had set the sdc aside due to the spotty reviews. But I have good sicce experience, and current events in hk have me rethinking about where to spend

OP
OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @cmaxwell39 it seems the 9 never got panned like the 7. The 7 is a much better fit for me though. I don't push a ton of flow through my sump normally, but i would like to turn it up occasionally for export or to purge air faster on a restart without going to high flow all the time.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many users! I would wait to see if there others to comment on.

OP
OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well - not much info it would seem. The other pump I am looking at is a tunze silence 1073.060. But oddly - just like the sicce, it seems that folks like this pump series except for this particular size. I like my sicce and tunze products, so its frustrating that the model that matches my demand is "not their best". I may start another thread to see if I can get some new feedback on the tunze.
I really like my 110g tank, but it does feel at times like it is not easy to fit out, or it requires something a little more expensive. I had a Buick GN, while some friends had mustangs and camaros and monte carlos. Seems like they could trip and fall and find some parts for their 5.0's and 5.7's, while I was calling vendors in other states looking for brake parts. I guess I never learn.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back