Sicce Wave Surfer, any good?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a sicce voyager nano powerhead. . . seems to work great, but no "wave action". The Wave Surfer by Sicce says recommended for the voyager pumps. . . and would provide said action. . . but

When I was looking into these types of wave maker/controllers I read they are hard on pumps/not ideal. Something about the pump starting in a random direction and hitting a stop to send it in the right direction. I read this puts strain + wear and tear on the pump. . . also can be loud. . .

Has anyone used this? what are your thoughts.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not I run a jebao gyre and it makes waves, top of my tank looks like the deep blue sea and controller comes with it very easy to use

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not I run a jebao gyre and it makes waves, top of my tank looks like the deep blue sea and controller comes with it very easy to use
Just looked it up on Amazon, looks pretty nice! I am not super familiar with this type of wavemaker, says it moves like 900gph on the low side. . . seems a bit much for a 20 gallon tank. . . can you dial it back to get less, or is it pretty high flow all the time?

kwillingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Sicce Voyager 3 pumps on my 75gal reef with the wave controller.
They are very good pumps, a bit of a large profile, but solid!
The wave controller allows for random flow patters, but not designed for pulsing waves, per se.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a sicce voyager nano powerhead. . . seems to work great, but no "wave action". The Wave Surfer by Sicce says recommended for the voyager pumps. . . and would provide said action. . . but

When I was looking into these types of wave maker/controllers I read they are hard on pumps/not ideal. Something about the pump starting in a random direction and hitting a stop to send it in the right direction. I read this puts strain + wear and tear on the pump. . . also can be loud. . .

Has anyone used this? what are your thoughts.
Did you end up using this? I had been looking at it and now lfs has one on clearance

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back