Sick Achilles

WaheedNaidoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guy, I really need some help, I have my Achilles for 2 months now and he has broken out with a really bad case or either Ich or Velvet I am not sure, I noticed it Yesterday and started a Formulin treatment however it’s worse today, he stopped eating this morning, I did a freshwater dip on him to see if anything came off him however his clean, I am not sure if Formulin is going to work because it’s pretty bad and the rest of the fish in my quarantine are starting to show signs of the same, should I continue with the formulin or stop and switch to a Cupramine, if show what’s a safe way to get the formulin out of the system that’s quick.
Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These guys notorious for velvet acquisition.
Give it a freshwater dip for temporary relief and then quarantine and treat with copper safe or similar- BUT- make sure what you use says “ Treats OODINUM “
Also have a reliable copper kit ready to monitor copper levels and not api brand either

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back