Sick anemone?

DV7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m concerned about my new bubble tip anemone. The first 3 days it moved each day. The last 2 days it’s been in the same spot but it has been closing up completely, then partially opening multiple times throughout the day. Now I’m noticing a stringy-like substance coming off of it. I’ve read it could be waste, but it doesn’t look brown. More like a clear discharge. Should I be concerned, or take it out of the tank? The video shows its current state. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5121.mov
    15 MB

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could be excreting waste, my BTA's have done this before when I overfed them one time and another time when I was doing a 90% water change. It could be a stress reaction, keep an eye on it, and if it isn't too shriveled and not bleaching, then I would think it's okay for the meantime but yeah just watch the condition of it. Is your tank on the newer side or are the water parameters ok? BTA's will move a lot when the parameters are whack or if they are bored or stressed I believe. Doesn't look too concerning though, you think you can show a picture of it from the front if it decides to open? Could give more info to whats up wit it :cool:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back