Sick anemone??

livsnowwyy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I’m a new caretaker of some saltwater animals in a lab, and I have this tank of 4 anemones (and some hydras). The anemone in the bottom right corner has looked shriveled and honestly a little sick for the past few days. He didn’t eat the shrimp right away when I tried to feed him the other day either. Today I found this weird white thick substance around his stomach, and I’m not really sure what it is. Is he sick? Or is the white substance just mucus excrement (usually they’ve been brown)? Let me know if anyone knows what’s wrong with him and how I can help!
IMG_3899.png
 
Let me just begin with, I’m not an anemone expert but I do have 5 of them. These all look completely bleached. Has that always been their color? No, white mucus is not natural in any sense I’ve ever known, and that looks like it is laying flat covering the entire oral disc opening. What are the parameters of the tank and the flow and lighting? These facts will help the experts at R2R to diagnose accurately and provide you with treatment solutions.
 
Upvote 0

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new