Sick clownfish

shayanlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

I have a clownfish who has not been eating for two days now and she is always hiding. She comes out occasionally but mostly hiding. I have not seen any signs of disease on her and I have not made any changes to aquarium in the past few months. I feed them flakes and pellets and she used to eat them but recently she has lost its appetite. Could anyone here help me diagnose the issue please? I also have another clownfish but he is healthy and is behaving normally.

Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello everyone

I have a clownfish who has not been eating for two days now and she is always hiding. She comes out occasionally but mostly hiding. I have not seen any signs of disease on her and I have not made any changes to aquarium in the past few months. I feed them flakes and pellets and she used to eat them but recently she has lost its appetite. Could anyone here help me diagnose the issue please? I also have another clownfish but he is healthy and is behaving normally.

Thanks
Please post pics or video under white light intensity before any assessments can be made. Can be an array of issues internally and externally

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here you go

So, the smaller clown is eating no food at all? There is some dynamic going on there between the two fish, but it isn't clear exactly what.....

Jay

OP
OP
S

shayanlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the smaller clown is eating no food at all? There is some dynamic going on there between the two fish, but it isn't clear exactly what.....

Jay
Actually the black one who is acting weird is the bigger one and she is not eating at all for 3 days. I also noticed that something scares them off. They are usually in hiding. I have a Macro algae that has grown very large I am not sure whether it is scaring them.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These videos? You mean the format of video? I can send pictures if that solves the problem
Sure - yes - for example - when I click on your video - I get an 'x' symbol.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 5.03.31 PM.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
here you go
Video short but I see intimidation from the black clown which may be a territorial female
Next time you feed, set your cell phone on video mode for about 20 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a bully at feeding time. You will know if that clown is preventing the other from eating

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back