Sick/dead coral

SebastianM

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
56
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, quick intro, I’m new to reefing, about 2 months into my nano 10 gallon, everything is going smooth, stable parameters and such. I have purchased a few frags of LPS from a local hobbiest a couple of weeks ago and he threw this Favite (I believe that’s what it’s called) in for free. A few weeks go by and I haven’t seen much activity from this piece, even when feeding etc. The coloration seems okay. Recently I noticed one of the polyps starting to “peel” and a shade of bleach/white forming. I pulled it out to dip in coral RX as I had some mixed up for other frags and noticed the peeling polyp was actually hollowed out, and the piece itself stunk real bad, almost sulfuric. Definitely doesn’t look right, could it be a sting from a neighboring 5 polyp Favia colony, 4 inches away? Or a bacterial infection?
3ACC87CF-FA7D-40B9-84A9-007F6ADA1FDB.jpeg
28A43A82-80A5-4858-AA17-EF1D40813492.jpeg
506B43E9-653D-44F9-890D-BB10BE113239.jpeg
BBA35C39-C19A-49C4-B900-C4C1F4BB6A71.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new