Sick Frogspawn?

mariaharris224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I'm pretty new to reefing and could use some help diagnosing what's going on with my frogspawn. So I noticed about a week ago that my frogspawn's mouth was pretty wide. At this time all the other coral in my tank, including another frogspawn all looked happy, so I tried not to worry about it. I left the tank alone for 2 days and in that time a fish died (new and already sick addition from Petco, I know bad choice). Today I got back and while the frogspawn looked nice and fluffy the mouth was even larger, and I noticed when it began to retract for the night that I could see some skeleton on a head. I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but is there anything wrong/ anything I should do? Id appreciate any help :/
*My parameters were all perfect pre-dead fish but I'm going to have to get them retested.

pics from Sunday and Today (beginning to retract because of night)

IMG_3437.jpeg IMG_3484.jpeg

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock looks pretty bare. How long have you had it? What are your nutrient levels? Nitrate and phosphate. Do you target feed them at all? I find mine do better with a little target feeding a couple times a week.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back