Sick golden dojo loach

jacobf21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these 2 golden dojo loaches in my tank that I’ve had for almost a year now and a couple weeks ago I started to notice that the male had some white spots on him. I asked around and everyone said it was ick and said I should get some anti parasite medicine and raise the temperature of the water one degree for 10 days and I did it for about 2 weeks with no change. so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is wrong with it and what I can do. I added a photo but it’s very hard to see the spots

image.jpg

Brad Waddell Wrath's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these 2 golden dojo loaches in my tank that I’ve had for almost a year now and a couple weeks ago I started to notice that the male had some white spots on him. I asked around and everyone said it was ick and said I should get some anti parasite medicine and raise the temperature of the water one degree for 10 days and I did it for about 2 weeks with no change. so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is wrong with it and what I can do. I added a photo but it’s very hard to see the spots

image.jpg
Yeah that looks like Ick, that fish does not have scales so get a med that you can treat fish without scales.

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have anything you would recommend and do you think that it will survive
Best ich treatment ive ever used is seachem metroplex. Put it in his frozen food and let it absorb. Freeze dried food would be more efficient but youll need to add water or something like Selcon for it to absorb

OP
OP
J

jacobf21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best ich treatment ive ever used is seachem metroplex. Put it in his frozen food and let it absorb. Freeze dried food would be more efficient but youll need to add water or something like Selcon for it to absorb
Alright thank you can you use that in freshwater

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thank you can you use that in freshwater
Yes sir. I believe it has issues with corals and inverts but freshwater is all good. Keeping temp elevated above 82 wont hurt either for a couple weeks for a loach. Not sure what else you have in there.

OP
OP
J

jacobf21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have anything else in there they’re in my quarantine tank right now. Are you sure I should keep it above 82 degrees that is extremely high

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have anything else in there they’re in my quarantine tank right now. Are you sure I should keep it above 82 degrees that is extremely high
Whats the temp at now? Freshwater is more lenient than a reef. Id raise by 1 or 2 degrees a day until youre at 82 or so. The higher temp will speed up the ichs life cycle, while you medicate the fish. Its a win win.

Back