Sick golden dojo loach

  • Thread starter Thread starter jacobf21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jacobf21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
litchfield
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these 2 golden dojo loaches in my tank that I’ve had for almost a year now and a couple weeks ago I started to notice that the male had some white spots on him. I asked around and everyone said it was ick and said I should get some anti parasite medicine and raise the temperature of the water one degree for 10 days and I did it for about 2 weeks with no change. so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is wrong with it and what I can do. I added a photo but it’s very hard to see the spots

image.jpg
 
I have these 2 golden dojo loaches in my tank that I’ve had for almost a year now and a couple weeks ago I started to notice that the male had some white spots on him. I asked around and everyone said it was ick and said I should get some anti parasite medicine and raise the temperature of the water one degree for 10 days and I did it for about 2 weeks with no change. so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is wrong with it and what I can do. I added a photo but it’s very hard to see the spots

image.jpg
Yeah that looks like Ick, that fish does not have scales so get a med that you can treat fish without scales.
 
Do you have anything you would recommend and do you think that it will survive
 
Do you have anything you would recommend and do you think that it will survive
Best ich treatment ive ever used is seachem metroplex. Put it in his frozen food and let it absorb. Freeze dried food would be more efficient but youll need to add water or something like Selcon for it to absorb
 
Do you have anything you would recommend and do you think that it will survive
This is what I was told to use but it doesn’t seem to be working
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 137
Best ich treatment ive ever used is seachem metroplex. Put it in his frozen food and let it absorb. Freeze dried food would be more efficient but youll need to add water or something like Selcon for it to absorb
Alright thank you can you use that in freshwater
 
Alright thank you can you use that in freshwater
Yes sir. I believe it has issues with corals and inverts but freshwater is all good. Keeping temp elevated above 82 wont hurt either for a couple weeks for a loach. Not sure what else you have in there.
 
I don’t have anything else in there they’re in my quarantine tank right now. Are you sure I should keep it above 82 degrees that is extremely high
 
I don’t have anything else in there they’re in my quarantine tank right now. Are you sure I should keep it above 82 degrees that is extremely high
Whats the temp at now? Freshwater is more lenient than a reef. Id raise by 1 or 2 degrees a day until youre at 82 or so. The higher temp will speed up the ichs life cycle, while you medicate the fish. Its a win win.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new