Sick Male Anthia? Just not swimming....

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure I saw him take a couple nibbles tonight - but not a lot - not like he was - he was eating everything in sight. Should I do a 3rd round of GC for good measure?

As far as the gobys go, I didn't really know they needed coached to get food from the water column! But the Bellas caught on pretty quick. It took about 4 days for the big guy to come out from under a rock at all. I have a little dish of sand in there for them, which they have found and have been enjoying.

@4FordFamily - YES!! @Humblefish has been my hero and helped me save many fish! Actaully - all of you have. And the fun part is that I have some people in my local facebook group that have been struggling with disease, and I have been able to link them to some of his articles and give advice that I have learned from you all! Helped one guy save most of his tank - he got hit with velvet. Knowing what I learned from saving my McCosker, I was able to pass it on. :) Love it! I am actually really sad - this is my last round of QT for a very long time - the tank will pretty much be fully stocked - - - and I enjoy the process and the challenge.
I would stick to the two doses. I am glad this forum is helpful! :)

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The male anthia is doing amazing.

And the bellas poop is getting better and better. Not clear but getting there!

I’m so so so sad. This gorgeous bella pair - one of them found a small hole in the QT - with wires over it - and somehow jumped out. The smaller one. I was in tears. So upset! I made my husband come get her off of the floor. I just couldn’t do it.
Anyone know if I can pair him (or her) up again with another bella? Or will they just fight?

@Humblefish and @4FordFamily thank you for all of your help so far! Last set of fish going in after this copper treatment. Raising levels over 5 days - nice and slow!
Planning to treat for 10 days, then water changes to get the copper out. They have all been in QT with zero signs of ich or velvet, only internal parasites that are being treated.
Sound ok? Or do I need to go full 30 with the copper?

BD72B7CF-19D2-4E4C-834B-18ECB311465A.jpeg

4D2C5E6A-27CF-4A85-91D0-7A731D9F05F7.jpeg

83B89D8F-B8F5-42AE-988C-A2D3324F030D.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if I can pair him (or her) up again with another bella? Or will they just fight?

Pairing is hit or miss with them. I generally get 4 in, and usually 2 will pair up. But I have to watch them carefully and remove one at the first sign of aggression. Try another one. Sorry you lost yours; they are really bad when it comes to jumping out. The big ones actually test the lids at night, poking their head out of the water looking for a weak spot. :eek:

Planning to treat for 10 days, then water changes to get the copper out. They have all been in QT with zero signs of ich or velvet, only internal parasites that are being treated.
Sound ok? Or do I need to go full 30 with the copper?

If you only have 1 QT, treat for the full 30 days. Treating for 10 days in therapeutic copper is only advisable if you can transfer the fish into another QT at least 10 feet away.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 135 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back