sick powder blue

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i saw my powder blue this moring like this , last night it fed like a monster but i didnt check if he ate today , i usually will feed him pellets 3 times daily while providing green alage sheets daily he doesn't to seem bothered by it
any tips on what that and how to treat it also i am nothing white spots on his fin but no swimming crazy or not eating or scratching as i have not seen

A8C53A40-BDD3-4D13-98F8-03C9A7ED70DF.jpeg 2E00C46D-6E83-4076-8B99-A0CC8FDE977D.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i saw my powder blue this moring like this , last night it fed like a monster but i didnt check if he ate today , i usually will feed him pellets 3 times daily while providing green alage sheets daily he doesn't to seem bothered by it
any tips on what that and how to treat it also i am nothing white spots on his fin but no swimming crazy or not eating or scratching as i have not seen

A8C53A40-BDD3-4D13-98F8-03C9A7ED70DF.jpeg 2E00C46D-6E83-4076-8B99-A0CC8FDE977D.jpeg

I presume the spots are on both sides of the fish?
Tangs can develop "stress spots" where the skin darkens. This can be a reaction to some stress in the tank, or stress from parasites.

What other fish are in with it?
How long have you had it?
Did it go through a quarantine process?

Jay

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I presume the spots are on both sides of the fish?
Tangs can develop "stress spots" where the skin darkens. This can be a reaction to some stress in the tank, or stress from parasites.

What other fish are in with it?
How long have you had it?
Did it go through a quarantine process?

Jay
had him for 2-3 weeks, yesterday he was eating like a monster and would go crZy whenever i put food , i freshwater dipped him this morning as recommended by my lfs and he seems to be swimming well but hes not eating and i am worried tbh i dont know what else to do hes only tank mate is a kole tang and the kole tang is eating and dosent seem to be infected by whatever is on my powder blue

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had him for 2-3 weeks, yesterday he was eating like a monster and would go crZy whenever i put food , i freshwater dipped him this morning as recommended by my lfs and he seems to be swimming well but hes not eating and i am worried tbh i dont know what else to do hes only tank mate is a kole tang and the kole tang is eating and dosent seem to be infected by whatever is on my powder blue
The FW dip can put him off his feed for a bit. Is the fish breathing fast? If not, I wonder if you should wait overnight and then reassess tomorrow? Another option would be to start a copper treatment for presumptive ich.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back