Sick Royal Gramma (doing much better)

ac4570

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

About 1.5 weeks ago my royal gramma went missing, but I eventually found him being chased by my starry blenny. He has been either laying on his his or hiding but I finally caught him 2 days ago and got him into quarantine with copper and fungus guard. Thankfully he started eating today and is swimming around so we’re definitely making some progress. I was hoping someone couldn’t identify if it is fungus on his side or something else? It looks like fungus but I’m no expert in disease identification. (Sorry if the pics aren’t great quality) thanks!

A9EF6540-7FE5-4929-8C75-7B321EE7760C.jpeg 8C3608A7-790B-4790-B94F-5802490C93F8.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I see this fish before? That lesion on its side seems familiar. I've been responding to so many posts, they all run together (grin).

This is unlikely to be fungal, it sure seems like an injury that may have a mild bacterial infection, or it may be healing on its own - hard to say. What is in the "Fungus Guard"?

Jay

OP
OP
A

ac4570

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I see this fish before? That lesion on its side seems familiar. I've been responding to so many posts, they all run together (grin).

This is unlikely to be fungal, it sure seems like an injury that may have a mild bacterial infection, or it may be healing on its own - hard to say. What is in the "Fungus Guard"?

Jay
Nope must be a common injury lol!

Definitely likely that it’s an injury because I caught the blenny full on attacking him. The fungus guard was recommended in the past to me by a LFS for general quarantine, active ingredients are nitrofurazone and potassium dichromate

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back