OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks good to know. It possible that one of the wounds became infected and the infection spread. Again there's not much you can do if you cant QT the fish. You're best course of action is super pristine water conditions and vitamin enriched foods with the addition of kanaplex + furan2 + metroplex + focus.
So the yellow tang is looking all better. I’m about to pull that purple tang because he attacked my new parrot fish. Is been a week tomorrow when this attack happened and it’s not getting better. Would you recommend QT the parrot fish
7B19630D-72DD-4E01-8E3F-5ADC31CDA89B.jpeg
BAB3A504-28A0-4D84-874F-D7A176F35044.jpeg
7852119F-2A1E-4998-952A-ACECC7241913.jpeg
even when the yellow tang was able to recover in the DT? I’m not sure how hardy parrot fish are.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty gnarly wound, but also a healthy looking fish so... could be a wash? If the fish is eating and not scratching on things or otherwise acting oddly, I would likely leave it in the DT for a while longer, myself. The stress of catching it could make the problem worse more than any QT-based anti-bacterial treatment could help.
If you really wanted to try to get the fish some meds, you could try soaking food in a combo of Furan-2 + Seachem Kanaplex + Metroplex + Focus. This will deliver a pretty potent anti-biotic treatment yet is usually reef-safe. Make sure to increase oxygen to the tank (use extra fans, turn up the skimmer, etc.) as these meds can reduce oxygen levels in the water even bound to food with Focus. Treating with this path would - again - only be something I'd do myself if the fish were showing signs of needing help overcoming an infection.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back