OP
OP
M

mattb2989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - I was basing my comment on Jay's recent recommendations - I did not know when you started - up to 2.5 - as others have said - do it:) And hope everything goes well
Sadly the yellow died this morning. Was removed and left in a tub of tap water as i was at work. Found these on the bottom of the tub. Look like dead flukes or jist part of the fish breaking down

Attachments

• 20220203_182927.jpg
    20220203_182927.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220203_182935.jpg
    20220203_182935.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
M

mattb2989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The tang has a pretty severe case of ich. Once fish have begun to die from a case, it is sometimes difficult to stop it. One thing you need to do is get to a full dose of copper right away. 2.0 ppm. Since you have a Hanna checker you can ensure you don’t dose too high.
Jay
Hi mate. Added some pics. Do these look like dead flukes to you

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sadly the yellow died this morning. Was removed and left in a tub of tap water as i was at work. Found these on the bottom of the tub. Look like dead flukes or jist part of the fish breaking down
Sorry about this. I dont know what others would say - Thi - you had a really virulent strain of CI. Either way - its a sad situation - I totally agree with Jay - it looks like CI.
Dosed the tank as per the online calculator. Its a little hard as usg and its litres in the uk but managed to get it to 2.32 and testing after 45 mins. So wont add anymore tonight to give it time to fully mix in. 1 thing ive found with the hanna checker is i add the reagent salts and it just sits on the bottom even after inverting slowly 5 times and gently swirling. Have you any input how to rectify this?
The thing is - even getting the dose up to 2.5 - is not going to work immediately. The copper will kill the offspring - will not necessarily help the parasites attacking your fish. I'm sorry if I didnt recommend a quick up to 2.5 soon enough.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going back to look at your pic, it looks to me like you had both: Ich and flukes. If you look at the dorsal fin, you can see 3-4 irregular circles that looks like flukes.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going back to look at your pic, it looks to me like you had both: Ich and flukes. If you look at the dorsal fin, you can see 3-4 irregular circles that looks like flukes.
Do you think that flukes kill that quickly? and btw I agree

OP
OP
M

mattb2989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about this. I dont know what others would say - Thi - you had a really virulent strain of CI. Either way - its a sad situation - I totally agree with Jay - it looks like CI.

The thing is - even getting the dose up to 2.5 - is not going to work immediately. The copper will kill the offspring - will not necessarily help the parasites attacking your fish. I'm sorry if I didnt recommend a quick up to 2.5 soon enough.
Hi mate. No thank you. You have been a great help and i really appreciate your help.

OP
OP
M

mattb2989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a prob. Sorry we couldn’t save him.
No not your fault. It was mine. After alot of research i felt happier using copper power over cupramine. Delivery from the states with the copper power took longer than what was expected.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mate. Added some pics. Do these look like dead flukes to you
Those don’t look like flukes to me. The only one you can really see without a microscope is Neobenedenia - it looks like white oval fish scales.
Jay

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back