Silicon gaps?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed my waterbox infinia 190.5 of 3 months have like silicon gaps? How bad are those? Do they show any signs of concern?

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It usually depends on the depth of the gap/cut/crack, but anything with the silicon being jacked up is ALWAYS a concern worth looking into in depth and you'll have to make a determination yourself.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It usually depends on the depth of the gap/cut/crack, but anything with the silicon being jacked up is ALWAYS a concern worth looking into in depth and you'll have to make a determination yourself.
I dont know what kind of determination i have to do? Since waterbox said its fine and no replacement going to be issued for it

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what kind of determination i have to do? Since waterbox said its fine and no replacement going to be issued for i
I dont know what kind of determination i have to do? Since waterbox said its fine and no replacement going to be issued for it
you will have to decide if its something you are willing to live with, the videos are great and show great detail but seeing it in person is the best way to decide if it looks troublesome or not. I have had a tank leak so silicon issues always concern me

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe DIY a brace for that corner? A flat sheet of glass kind of holding those two pieces together as additional support. I cant believe WB told you to kick rocks. Make sure you have that printed out for your insurance company in the event something happens.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any of the videos show immediate cause for concern.

The only time I would fight with the manufacturer about something like this, is if I had proof that it wasn't there a week ago.

The first 2 videos just seem like uneven finish from manufacturing, simply cosmetic.

The 3rd video might be a concern if the adhesion continues to separate. Something you're going to have to monitor.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only time I would fight with the manufacturer about something like this, is if I had proof that it wasn't there a week ago.

The first 2 videos just seem like uneven finish from manufacturing, simply cosmetic.

The 3rd video might be a concern if the adhesion continues to separate. Something you're going to have to monitor.
Hi i actually just zoomed in on it. And its a silicon cut not adhesion.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What do u think?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That last video helps out quite a bit. I honestly don't think that is an integrity issue.

You're very astute which will serve you well. Keep an eye on it, but I doubt you'll see anything become of it. But don't let your guard down.
Yeah for sure. We work hard for our tanks and gears its not a cheap hobby. This tank was an absolutely money vaccum. And its also my second reef tank. The first one i sold and upgraded to a bigger one. Yeah the first video made it looks 10x worse

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back