Silk Flower Tree Coral questions (Umbellulifera sp.)

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking for something more colorful to add to my NPS section compared to my gorgs, I've been seeing a lot of the Silk Flower Tree Corals pop up on Diver's Den which I'm kind of interested in but I have a couple questions:

-What's your feeding schedule like? I have Live BBS, PhytoFeast, and soon OysterFeast. I've heard mixed results from once every few days to multiple times a day, what's your success?
-How would I frag them? (Just in case they get out of control)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking for something more colorful to add to my NPS section compared to my gorgs, I've been seeing a lot of the Silk Flower Tree Corals pop up on Diver's Den which I'm kind of interested in but I have a couple questions:

-What's your feeding schedule like? I have Live BBS, PhytoFeast, and soon OysterFeast. I've heard mixed results from once every few days to multiple times a day, what's your success?
You rang....

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Like this

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_145721413.jpg
    IMG_20210309_145721413.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 48

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice you mentioned gorgs. If photosynthetic, then they will be sensitive to high PO4, If gorgs nps, most won't mind high PO4. Again if you have photosynthetic Corals in there with NPS, then spot feeding the best. Feed Coral Curry or similar, but mix energy AB+ with powder food before feeding. Feed as often as you can, especially when they are open. Keep us all posted on progress.

IMG_20210309_152012050_MP.jpg

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I notice you mentioned gorgs. If photosynthetic, then they will be sensitive to high PO4, If gorgs nps, most won't mind high PO4. Again if you have photosynthetic Corals in there with NPS, then spot feeding the best. Feed Coral Curry or similar, but mix energy AB+ with powder food before feeding. Feed as often as you can, especially when they are open. Keep us all posted on progress.

IMG_20210309_152012050_MP.jpg
Thank you Dr.! More info the gorgs, they are NPS and the Setup is a Macro Algae / NPS style mix, and I will keep this advice in mind

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Dr.! More info the gorgs, they are NPS and the Setup is a Macro Algae / NPS style mix, and I will keep this advice in mind
If 100 nps, broadcast feed and still spot feed especially dendronephthya, scleronephthya, blueberry gorgs. All else no spot feed.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 43

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back