Silly phyto airline sweet spot

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayadog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rayadog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2025
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
1,162
Location
PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5815.jpeg

Tried to set this up as baby was preparing to cry for his nap, so was sort of rushed. Just got the live phyto around lunchtime and wanted to get some of it humming.

For no reason at all, other than curious experimenting, I drilled one airline hole straight down and one airline hole at an angle. I don’t know if this is relevant, but I probably wouldn’t differ again.

I have both lines, unmeasured on a Y splitter. For some reason I don’t have the freedom to plunge the airline, in either jar, however deep I wish. Currently at the sweet spot where both are bubbling but if I scooch either of the lines up or down in the water then it only bubbles in of the jars.

Could be baby brain or just being blonde. It’s not all the serious but I have a handful of theories just open to others; and would kinda prefer my straight line to be lower.
 
Solid setup!
Not sure how long you have these running but be careful with the wood tops! Easy place for mold/mildew to grow..
 
Thanks! I’ll probably swap em out but I did mean to clear coat them, just totally forgot. They were just cheap discounted jars at a local store I wanted to try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new