OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No new fishes have been added The parameters are fine an I have had him for 2 and a half to three weeks

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And I'm assuming he was not quarantined (with medication)? If your local store has ruby reef rally pro, it might be a good idea.

Its impossible to tell you what to do without more information:(

Last edited:

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a victim of aggression without any better pictures - being in a 15 gallon with multiple tangs and a clown doesn’t make that surprising.
What is the qt for? Have you treated anything or is it strictly observational?
I wouldn’t move the fish into the dt and risk exposing anything there to disease, but it likely will only do worse unless separated somehow.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To @tanglover13 - I'm sorry - when I posted several of your posts were (somehow) - not visible. I cannot tell from the pictures what's going on with the tang - however as @sharkbait said - I see multiple aggressive fish.

As to whether you should use copper, I can't see the lesions on the fish. If you haven't treated your fish you could use the QT protocol on a sticky of the fish disease forum. I'm not familiar with ESHA copper. Additionally, if there are flukes, or something not treated by copper, this will not help.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but when I stand back or put a camera near the tank and have look he comes out swimming happily sometimes he even bully’s my little springeri damsel he is like the king of the tank from the videos

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is a disease or something like that it is definitely not bullying from the video tape or me looking at it . He is actually the king of the tank. Do you know what disease or is it a parasite . Any idea of what it might be

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it is a disease or something like that it is definitely not bullying from the video tape or me looking at it . He is actually the king of the tank. Do you know what disease or is it a parasite . Any idea of what it might be
No I don't know what disease or parasite it is based on the information you've given. It could be an injury from shipping, etc - that has developed into an infection, flukes, another parasite like velvet or ich. I.e. it could be anything.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay tomorrow morning I. Will send you a video it is just that he is scared of me so when I go to the tank he will mostly hide unless I put some shrimp in there then he comes out to eat

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay tomorrow morning I. Will send you a video it is just that he is scared of me so when I go to the tank he will mostly hide unless I put some shrimp in there then he comes out to eat
OK - I apologize if this sounds harsh. The problem is - when a fish has a parasitic or a severe bacterial illness - time is of the essence especially in a non-quarantined situation. Lets re-review - is the fish eating (still) - not nibbling, but eating. I don't think there is much on the rocks in your tank. ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shall I move him to my 200 gallon tank asap
Don’t move a fish that you suspect might be sick - that would put the fish in your 200 gallon at risk.

I’ll check back in tomorrow morning to see if you were able to post a clear video.

Jay

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He also has a black face from what it looks like in the hide hole any chance you can think of what he has so it would be hard gettting a video. OF him should I remove the hide hole to see if he comes out

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you should remove the hiding place temporarily

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back