Silver spot tang hiding a lot with shredded fins and not swimming properly

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a silver spot tang who has shredded fins and on top of his fins it looks like there is a black line he is not eating much just pecking at the rock work.he looks like he is swimming of balance but is kind of normal really I think and his tail is a bit shredded

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture to help us identify the issue(s)?

Fin shredding is often from tank mates who don't want to share the reef space, but it can also be disease related. Black line is ??? Pictures please!.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I will send one when he comes out but there is no sign of aggression when he comes out he is normally the bully

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3BA64432-536A-409B-8577-A5060DD4F0C3.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I will send one when he comes out but there is no sign of aggression when he comes out he is normally the bully
Also, do you have a Quarantine tank, or acclimation box where he could be isolated or treated? You may need one soon. I gotta check out, but good luck!

Edit: You answered my question before I asked.

The clownfish and the damsel are going to give any fish in a 15 gallon challenges on dominance, ime. "Over crowded" from the fishes prospective, and imo. They may learn to share but they all need more space asap.

The rocks look clean so the tang isn't going to be able to get much algae from them. Now I really gotta go. The Tang Police will be knocking at this thread very shortly, ime.

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The regal and silver spot tang are in qt the other fishes are going to stay in there for a year

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know what diseas he has and what I should do to save him I really don’t want him to die

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This hashtag will notify the fish medic team. additionally, there is a forum for fish disease and treatment. #fishmedic

However, it's very difficult to answer your question without more information - there is a link in my signature with several questions that help with these issues. But - to get started - as said - a picture under white light - or a video is extremely important. Also - did you QT the fish? How? How long have you had him? Any new additions? What are your parameters, etc. Any other changes in the tank?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS often its difficult to see aggression when you're standing in front of the tank - However, based on your description, you might want to have a set up hospital tank. Do you know what medications/antibiotics are available in your area?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any really just tell me which ones I will need and I WILL BUY THEM
I would have copper safe, kanamycin, and prazipro on hand.

EDIT - I'm not recommending you use anything until we can see pictures, and answers to the other questions.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you think he will survive if I put them in or is he on his way out
I edited my post above - I'm not recommending that you use any of them now - and I have no clue whether he is on his way out or not- without answers to the questions, and hopefully a video/picture

OP
OP
T

tanglover13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think a copper treatment of esha will work it says it cures basically anything and it does work I have used it before for other stuff or will copper not help

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back