Simple 13.5 Evo Build

Heavymman

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
549
Reaction score
455
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am going to set up my Fluval 13.5 Evo tank more as a Frag/coral QT tank and I wanted to pick everyone’s brains a little.

I want to keep it real simple, I will only keep a pair of clowns in the tank and I plan to set up some elevated egg crate to hold the frag plugs.

I don’t want to add a skimmer and I already have an intank chamber two basket which I will run carbon and filter floss.

Chamber 1 will be empty and just hold my JBJ ATO switch.

Chamber 3 I’m thinking of going with a Sicce 1.0 so I don’t have to run an extra power head and I will keep the heater there as well.

I have an A160 for lighting and I will keep the tank open top with a gooseneck bracket for the light.

Do you all think I can keep a few SPS , LPS in the tank with no dosing and once a week water changes?
 
You should be able to start off with just basic water changes, but the more corals and the more they need daily will change.. you might need to dose a little later down the road.

If you are adding clowns.. I would get the nano ones unless you plan for a larger home later down the road.
 
You should be able to start off with just basic water changes, but the more corals and the more they need daily will change.. you might need to dose a little later down the road.

If you are adding clowns.. I would get the nano ones unless you plan for a larger home later down the road.
I’m thinking maybe down the road maybe go old school and add Kalk to the ATO might be the easiest. I guess I will have to try it out :).

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new