Simplicity 4 Head Doser Experience/reviews?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a NON WIFI Doser for dosing dailies for the Reef Moonshiner Method. I have only found 2 NON WIFI options, Jeabo and Simplicity.
I like the Simplicity for the extra head, check valves and 3 year warranty.
I am looking to purchase 2 but before I did I was hoping to get some feedback from the forum members.
Thanks in advance.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a NON WIFI Doser for dosing dailies for the Reef Moonshiner Method. I have only found 2 NON WIFI options, Jeabo and Simplicity.
I like the Simplicity for the extra head, check valves and 3 year warranty.
I am looking to purchase 2 but before I did I was hoping to get some feedback from the forum members.
Thanks in advance.
I used the jebao non wifi doser for years. Worked great. I was dosing just part 1 and 2, so I used two heads for a couple years, then they got noisy and I switched to the other two heads. If you're just dosing traces, the heads should last a long time.

And the simplicity warranty is a prorated warranty, not a standard. So if you get two years in they'll reimburse you 1/3 the cost if it were to go bad in year three.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And for what it's worth, the simplicity looks like and probably is the jebao doser just rebranded

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had the Magus doser for ten years without a hitch. It's currently labeled as the T11.
It also has add on slave pumps if you need more than three heads.

The Simplicity looks fine to me. I've considered it for another system. Last research I did there wasn't a lot of reviews on it.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Magus doser for ten years without a hitch. It's currently labeled as the T11.
It also has add on slave pumps if you need more than three heads.

The Simplicity looks fine to me. I've considered it for another system. Last research I did there wasn't a lot of reviews on it.
Hi there I know you! you are right by me and are at all the local swaps. I am in Euclid right off Lloyd rd. Thanks for the info!

Wolflare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if the Simplicity doser is a Jeabo on the inside, the design of the body is far better than the Jeabo. AND (way more importantly) USA based support. I don't mind the "prorated" 3 year. 3 year is 3 year. I have always had great experiences with Simplicity products and their support is quite frankly some of the best in the business. Try getting someone from Jeabo on the phone or even EcoTech...
It's a low cost dosing pump. Go with the Simplicity one.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the Red Sea ReefDose 4. I haven’t heard one complaint on any forum anywhere. There may be a few out there, but I haven’t heard any.

IMG_6612.jpeg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the Red Sea ReefDose 4. I haven’t heard one complaint on any forum anywhere. There may be a few out there, but I haven’t heard any.

IMG_6612.jpeg
I have read of some issues with them recently. If they can't make a safe tank I'm not trusting them to make a doser for it. I went with a kamoer 5head.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read of some issues with them recently. If they can't make a safe tank I'm not trusting them to make a doser for it. I went with a kamoer 5head.
They definitely can’t make a safe tank, but their doser is solid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back