• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Single light to cover 36" 22g bookshelf tank

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have 2 ai 16 hds on it currently but I'd prefer to move those to my wb 25gs as they would be a much better fit. Looking for something used more along the lines of a strip style light that fits the tanks form

Plan on growing softies and lps, maybe a new, and possibly some easier SPS, but if prefer something on the cheaper side as I just threw down the money to get a 240w reef factory flare.

Let me know if you are looking to sell anything that will work well on this tank or have any suggestions. It's 12x12x36

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 89.5%
17   2   0
I don’t have any to sell but have you considered using 1 or 2 of the Orphek bars? Maybe a set of 3, 2 Blue+ 1 Reef Day?

OP
OP
T

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
That was a consideration but I don't want to invest a ton of money into the lighting for the tank. It's I diy project for me so I'm filling it and building a small sump and using parts I already have but it's shadow just doesn't match any of the lights I have well

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Agree that 36” led bar is probably best fit. 36” generally requires 2 lights and there will be light spill

Mark in Ohio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a never-used 36" Coralife Aqualight with 2 High-Output T5 bulbs. It has adjustable mounting legs and includes 1 each 10,000K Daylight and Actinic Blue (420 nm) Lamps. I'll sell it for $85 shipped. Let me know if you'd like me to post some pictures.

Thanks,
Mark

CCK_8814

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 89.5%
17   2   0
Any particular recommendation?
To try and make one single bar work for everything unfortunately no I don’t. I only use them as supplemental lighting paired with Radions & T5’s typically. If I’m having them made I have them done with colors/wavelengths similar to that of the Orphek Blue+ Bar.

OP
OP
T

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Maybe not a bar but did anyone make longer fixtures with multiple clusters?

I was considering just using 2 kessil a160s. I plan on placing it somewhere where both sides can be viewed so I figured I'd try to go minimalistic with the light and just use hanging mounts.

Stand plumbing and sump is gonna be all custom work too. Currently have it running with a algae reactor connected n to n an external pump because I'm debating n drilling it. Figure if I do a nice enough bending I can get away with pipes going over the side

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back