• Total voters

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Trying to figure out what I want to do in my fusion 25 lagoon. The stock pump is garbage and it "Y"s for the two return nozzles.
Should I get a replacement that's large enough to "Y" and provide flow OR get two smaller return pumps and plumb each to its own return?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Trying to figure out what I want to do in my fusion 25 lagoon. The stock pump is garbage and it "Y"s for the two return nozzles.
Should I get a replacement that's large enough to "Y" and provide flow OR get two smaller return pumps and plumb each to its own return?
This depends. Is this the newer MightyJet pump? I've seen a few Fusion 25s where the owners upgraded to a pair of Sicce (etc.) pumps so that they could then fit a Tunze skimmer between the pumps in the pump chamber.

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This depends. Is this the newer MightyJet pump? I've seen a few Fusion 25s where the owners upgraded to a pair of Sicce (etc.) pumps so that they could then fit a Tunze skimmer between the pumps in the pump chamber.
Yep, that’s the tank. Mighty jet failed after 9 hours set at 1.4. Junk.
that’s an interesting idea too. I usually don’t stock heavy enough to need a skimmer but nice to have options!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that’s the tank. Mighty jet failed after 9 hours set at 1.4. Junk.
that’s an interesting idea too. I usually don’t stock heavy enough to need a skimmer but nice to have options!
That sucks. I had 2 for running for 8 months without issues on those pumps, but the IM skimmer pumps were another story altogether. Quality Control @ IM seems to have gone steadily downhill...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back